CHAPTER 3

“You know what? In fact, angels are only kind to those who have done a lot of good things.”

Simply put, I won’t treat you nicely. That’s what I’m saying!

“Hey!”

I pushed William and the kids away with both arms. Then I put my hands on my waist and shouted.

“If you point your finger at Theo again or tease him, I won’t let you go!”

“Iris got weird!”

When William ran away saying so, the other children rushed after him.

“I know how to scold you!”

Shouting in the air, I turned around, catching my breath.

The cool wind that dried off the unpleasant sweat shook the leaves, and Theo and my hair fluttered.

Theo was looking at me silently. I didn’t know what he was thinking.

“Sorry.”

I approached him and apologized.

If it were Theo anyway, he would have sent the children back easily by himself.

It may have been hypocritical of me to step up and confront them, or it was perhaps to eliminate guilt.

“I’m sorry I didn’t get to know you properly before being scared at will.”

Before recalling his future appearance, I should have looked at Theo, a child.

A child who was just hurt countless times by his appearance.

“I want to be your friend.”

I meant it. Now that I can see Theo straight.

It’s not for my life, but because I just want to get close to a child named Theo.

I smiled and reached out to Theo.

He was still expressionless, but somehow, he seemed to feel less cold than before.

He looked down at my hand and said,

“That’s right. I told you to be scared. So get lost.”

Before I pulled out all my hair, a cold, sword-like voice spoke.

“What?”

Huh? Can’t it flow like this? Isn’t it time to shake hands?

It felt like a large stone fell on my head. Or I became a rock.

However, Theo, who was looking at me with a silly expression, suddenly disappeared.

Huh? What is it?

I couldn’t move for a long time.

The wind, which felt only cool, blew my hair around.

Wasn’t it the perfect timing just now?

Whether the floor is spinning or my head is spinning. It was a confusing moment.

~*~

I was bitterly rejected. But I can’t give up like this!

I was no longer afraid of Theo. Quite frankly, I was a little scared, but I tried not to think about my future as much as possible.

From the day I was rejected by Theo, I started looking for Theo every day and wandering around him.

It started with ten steps away.

I read a book next to Theo and took a step.

“Wow… Also Joseph and Philip! Best Friendship! It really fills my heart!”