12. Enkindle

Restaurant dinners are something which are very prevalent in our family

Restaurant dinners are something which are very prevalent in our family. If there's a wedding, you gotta organise a restaurant dinner. If you have a birthday, let's go to a restaurant to have dinner. If you have proposed to someone, let's have some dinner in a restaurant to celebrate. If you are dividing a Mafia to give it to two of the most powerful Mafias in the world, let's do it in a fucking restaurant with dinner.

After my awkward talk with Canzone, I couldn't bear staying with him. Sometimes I wonder if he has an invisible rope around my waist and he keeps pulling it towards him. I left the mansion as soon as I could and went to Canzone's house. The house which started feeling welcoming now. After reaching the house, I made my myself some food, to be specific, I made myself a burrito because the handsome motherfucker ate mine. Initially I ate my burrito with peace as I read my book but then I hurried with the food when I came on an interesting scene. I wanted to read it in more peace, no distractions such as food, allowed. The scene was worth eating my food like a bullet train. It was true in every fucking way and I couldn't agree with it more. It felt like the one quote in the scene was me.

I kept on reading the book for I don't know how many hours because I was fucking late, late for the dinner. It was 9 pm and I was told to reach at the restaurant at 9:15. Thank God I didn't feel like dressing up today or it would have been a blunder.

I rushed to the washroom, took a nice cold shower, brushed my teeth properly and went to my closet. I picked out a white bralette type thingy and white jeans with a blazer which was a light shade of green. Ignoring all the makeup shit, I pulled out my necklace from the cabinet and a black purse from the cupboard. Kaa was sleeping in the bed so I thought of leaving her there and rushed out of the bedroom.

Nobody was there at the house, so, I guessed they were already, either at the restaurant or on the way to the restaurant

Nobody was there at the house, so, I guessed they were already, either at the restaurant or on the way to the restaurant. Ignoring the urge to pick something up from the kitchen, I went straight to my Ferrari and drove to the restaurant. On reaching there, I could see the name 'La cucina del diavolo' (Devil's Cuisine) in neon lights and the gang's cars parked in the lot. Oh shit, they're here. I went inside to be met by a beautiful young lady who was sitting on the reception table.