𝐈𝐈𝐈 - insomnia

𝗧𝗔𝗠 𝗣.𝗢.𝗩.

Words cannot even begin to describe how scared I am.

Especially since I was currently huddling next to a huge orange tree, alone, while Linh laughed and chatted with that freaky Y/N girl and her two nameless friends. Something was off about her, Y/N, that is.

She didn't smile. She didn't roll her eyes. She was never surprised. She never got mad.

All she was was a shell without emotions, and that made me...incredibly uneasy.

I thought coming to Exillium with Linh was the right choice, that I'd be able to show rebellion in this way, but she looks so...happy, and it doesn't even seem like she needs me at all.

Even under the influence of the people that I'm ashamed to call my parents, I was braver than this.

I was going to force Y/N to let me read her shadowvapor, but when she turned to me with those completely senseless eyes, my words just all flew away. Something about her was regal and terrible, something I had never seen in anyone.

She was the first person I was ever, ever afraid of.

Something about her short answers and yielding to Linh, something about her daggers and title, it was all leading to one thing:

This girl was made to be feared.

And everyone was going to fear her.

And everyone, included me.

A shiver ran down my spine as I sighed and leaned my head back on the smooth trunk, my newly silvered bangs dipping in front of my eyes.

I didn't know what to think anymore, I didn't want to think anymore. Exhausted didn't even begin to tell the story, and when you mix tired with horrified, it doesn't end well.

"Tam!" Linh's voice suddenly rang out from above me, and I cracked open one eye, my blurry vision eventually focusing on her face. "C'mon, don't sleep out here! They don't have a tent for us yet, so we're staying in Y/N's tonight!"

I rubbed my eyes, nodding drowsily as I wobbled up. "Yeah...okay...we'll stay with Y/N—wait."

My eyes immediately snapped open completely, and now jaw dropped a little as I whipped around to face Linh. "We're staying with who?"

"Y/N! She was nice enough to let us stay with her, and—"

"No," I whispered, grabbing Linh by the shoulder and shaking her around. "Has it occurred to you that I'm a guy and she's a girl?"

"Who are you calling a girl?"

I gulped, recognizing that apathetic voice right away. Meekly peeking over my shoulder, the only thing I could see in the dark was her cold F/B eyes and a shadowy silhouette of her figure.

"I'm older than you, have some respect," she stated as she took Linh's arm, which meant I was getting dragged along as well. "My tent is right there, and unless you'd rather sleep out here and get eaten by whatever roams these woods, I suggest taking up my offer."