Chapter 7

The excitement was high at school and everyone was talking about the farewell dance tomorrow. Shawn and I haven't officially started dating yet, but we've gone out once or twice without our usual company. He kissed me a few times since then and I have to admit his kisses are nice. We laugh a lot and due to out mutual friend we have a lot to talk about. We are still going to the dance together so I don't know if he might want to make things official then. I can't forget Jake's word of warning though. It has made me a bit nervous, but I didn't want to be unfair towards Shawn, he has been very nice to me. Jake hasn't spoken to me sinch the shop incident.

"You seem to be deep in thought." Shawn sat down behind me and tangled his arms around my neck. He placed a kissed against my head. "So I've been wondering, we've been hanging out a lot and I've been fortunate enough to have your kisses, but I still cannot call you mine." He kissed my neck under my ear "I want to call you mine Lucy" he kissed me on my lower neck. I closed my eyes and smiled. I felt his breath against my neck "Will you be mine Lucy Jones?" I broke his embrace and turned to look at him. His eyes were clouded and he looked at my lips. "Are you asking me to be your girlfriend Shawn?" He grinned "I am, will you be mine Lucy?" His voice was a deep whisper and for a second I felt a cold shiver down my back. The word mine sounded a bit possessive and I wasn't sure if I like it. Nonetheless I had no reason to doubt him so I smiled "Yes Shawn, I will be your girlfriend." he took my face in his hands and kissed me. "You drive me crazy. What am I going to do with you." He kissed me again, hard.

"What do we have here?" Wendy put down her bag and sat down beside us. "I can't leave you two alone for a few minutes." She looked at Shawn. "Any updates?" She smiled at her and nodded. She looked at me and smiled. "Congratulations." She clapped her hands. "It is about time!" I laughed "Did you know about this?" She winked "I might have known. But maybe not." When James, Beatrice and Mark joined us Shawn cleared his throat. "Lucy is now officially my girl." James and Mark slapped him on the shoulder, Beatrice nearly pulled my neck from my body into a tight hug and I couldn't help but laugh.

I was happy. I looked around and my friends were happy. What more could I want in this moment? We spoke about the farewell and made the final transport arrangements. Mark's Dad was going to pay for a Limousine for all of us. The bell. Rang and we started moving to class at a leisurely pace. Shawn's arm was dangling over my should as we walked passed Jake. When he saw him he tightened his hold and kissed my cheek. Jake looked at Shawn and then at me and his jaw ticked. I heard Shawn chuckle and then Jake turned into the corridors and out if sight.

Mathematics and Business went by in a haze. I kept thinking about Shawn and his kisses, his claim on me and how he declared his desire for me. Who would have tought that any guy would want to date me. Gran wasn't too sure about Shawn. Maybe it is just because she hasn't really spent any time with him. I need her to give him a chance. I need to give him a chance. I liked him. I was his girlfriend now and I could not wipe the smile from my face.

At home I ate lunch, did my homework and then Gran and I went to pick up my dress. I loved it. It was dark green, low cut, with very thin shoulder straps and tight fitting around the waist falling loosely to the ground and featuring a slit up to just above my knee. I had some black strap shoes and a black shaw if I got cold. Gran paid the outstanding balance and the lady gaveme the dress. "Enjoy your dance and honey please send me a photo so I and see the complete look." I smiled and gave her a nod.

We got home and I made sure my dress was on a hanger behind my door and I placed my shoes in front of my dressor. As I looked over my things for the dance I started about when school was over. What then? Will my group of friends stay in touch? Will Shawn and I stay together? Do I want to stay with him then? I closed my eyes and took deep breath. We'll deal with than then, let's just focus on the now. I filled the bath with some hot water and bubbles and soaked for about thirty minutes. I had some dinner with Gran and climbed into bed. I didn't want to be tired tomorrow.

I was awake early. I got dressed, went downstairs and had some coffee. "you're up early. Excited for the big day?" Gran chuckled and wiped off the counter. "Yes I am. I can't believe it has eventually arrived. The Limo is picking us up at six and I can hardly wait. How do they expect us to concentrate in class today? Everyone is going to be too excited to sit still or keep quiet." I grinned at Gran. "I know I can't think of anything else." We talked for a few more minutes before I went upstairs, grabbed my bag and left to catch the bus.

It was as I tought. The school was buzzing with seniors discussing tonight's event. All the girls were giggling and chatting about dresses and jewelry. Guys were talking about cars and after party. It was impossible to get any of us quiet. The PA scratched and the ead of school cleared his throat. "Due to the restlessness of our students and the excitement that has built up during the last few days we have decided to send the seniors home." Before the principle could continue the whole class burst out in cheer. "We will see you tonight." Everyone started packing up there things, some were already out the door.

I went home and firstly went to soak in a hit bubble bath. I gave myself a mini facial, yes I do that now, and did my nails. Gran took me to have my hait done and we came back home to finish the final touches. I did my make up, smokey eyes with red lips. Lastly I slipped into my dress and put on my shoes. After taking a last look to make sure eveything is perfect. Gran's eyes widen and she gasped when I walked down the stairs. "My child you look absolutely breathtaking." I smiled and then made a little turn. "Are you sure everything looks right Gran?" She nodded "Perfect dear." As I took my purse I heard the doorbell. "That's your ride Honey, are you ready?" I kissed her cheek, had a last glance in the mirror and smiled. "A ready as I will ever be." I walked out the door and Sawn met me in the walkway. He whistled, clasped his hands in front of his mouth and just stared. I blushed and made alittle twirl. He shook his head and approached me slowly. "You look beautiful Lucy. Absolutely enchanting." Then he kissed me and led me to the limo.