Deathly dance

﹥ˏˋ♡̩͙ . ♡̩̩̥͙ . ♡̩̥̩ ♡̩̥̩ ♡̩̥̩ . ♡̩̩̥͙ . ♡̩͙ˊˎ﹤

    01110111 01100101 01110010 01100101

                         '*•.¸ ¸.•*'

The cold air kept peppering icy kisses onto your soft skin, making you shiver in agony. The way the breeze mockingly danced around your ankles, calmly waiting for you to give in and accept the challenging waltz, indulged you into another sort of trance.
You were no fool thought. One step and you would be lying knocked out cold on the ground as dead as a prestige mouse.
As the Tsaritsa thought in silence, you couldn't stop following the pleasant rhythm of your pocket watch. The Archons were definitely making fun of you.
You had to resist the urge to sway to the rhythm and have a charming dance with the breeze, who kept growing more impatient. It was tormenting, so tormenting.
To your dismay, the watch was silenced by a swift noise.

"It seems like Signora won't be able to assist you to your first mission, (y/n). What a shame, you could've learnt a lot from her. You're quite lucky. If my dearest friend wouldn't have accepted my offer...you wouldn't be here now, dear."

You kept looking down, not daring to spare her even one glance.

"The Fatui Agents keep making a ruckus and I'm sure that you're aware of it. They're right, dear (y/n), I should've assigned you something that will keep you in place. I spoilt you too much, haven't I? Oh my, my. Your love for the living beings is temping, quite disturbing . I'm fond of it but we can't keep our Agents angry, can we?"

You hated the way the Tsaritsa spoke towards you. It made you feel like a mere dog, who had to be locked up. Beaten up.
Not like you weren't one – sadly.
You felt your anger rise up once again. Oh how much you wanted to shut her up; sew her lips together and push all existing needles into her remnants.

"I'm quite sure that you'll learn out of your mistakes, dear. Don't bluff to your comrades again. I don't want to deal with their complaints anymore. I hope I made myself clear."

You bowed down. "Crystal clear, your majesty."
She chuckled darkly.
"Good. You'll receive a letter in the following days. It'll be a brief summary of your mission. Once you read it, burn it. Don't disappoint me."

You bowed once again. "I won't, your majesty."

After she dismissed you, you turned around and left the room with a handful of threats. Yet you were enjoying the little dance with silence; like a bird bound to escape paradise.
As tranquillised as the wind; melting into one.

Another one of your skills was being quiet and unnoticeable. But it seems like your abilities adore failing you. If you would've spent more time in your laboratory, the others wouldn't have put you into this mess. How troublesome.

.
.
.
.
.
.

'You should've cut them off, Alice.'
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Ah, how lovely. If it were smaller, you could turn it into a cute little neckless. Don't you agree, Krupp?"
Krupp tried keeping a smile on even though he silently prayed his master wouldn't suggest testing it out on him. "Y-yes, master. It's a lovely idea."
Dottore's grin grew as he kept looking at Krupp's face, whose sweat filled droplets slowly made their way down to his chin.
He turned around and looked at you again. "My, my, (y/n). I will surely miss your work. But don't worry! If you won't make it...I promise; I will make sure to turn you into a ruin guar- NO!Something even better! After all...your work picks my interest. You need something honourable. Something beautiful! A-"
"A sugar coated agony?" "YES! YES!"

Dottore's small cheerful dance and clapping made you smile. 'I wish I could escape...'
Once he calmed down he kept suggesting you great ideas that were utterly...well...quite terrifying – but hey, you loved them either way!

"Oh, oh! How about I cube every follicle of your heart and form it into a beautiful little rose. And- AND THEN I'll put it into a glass container! AND THEN-"
Your chuckle interrupted his rant. "Do whatever you want. Frankly, I don't care. But don't revive me. Whatever you do, keep me asleep."
He calmed down again as a smirk found its way onto his lips. "I'm not sure whether I'll be able to keep that promise, little one. What do you think, Krupp?"
You could feel Krupp's soul leave his body for the millionth time for today.

After you wished them a joyful night you made yourself on the way to your dorm. It was a brief ten minute walk in which you were able to clear your thoughts. It's not like you would be able to think again during your mission. As much as you despised thinking, it gave you a feeling of security. And thinking in the presence of a harbinger? Unacceptable.
That's a good enough reason to enjoy your time as much a- oh who were you kidding? You loved doing what you were doing but...the loop you were trapped in was bothering you for a while now.

As you were walking past a line of gigantic windows, you suddenly spotted a silhouette outside. 'Curiouser and curiouser!'
You couldn't help but approach one window because you could feel something magically tugging you towards it and you didn't want not to give in – not this time.
The silhouette was crouching over something, something small and colourful.
Luckily it moved its foot so you were able to spot a red rose.
"Woah... roses in Zapolyarny Palace? Unbelievable."
You kept studying the rose from afar; failing to notice a presence behind you.
.
.
.