Part 12

Warnings: smut, oral sex, piv, cum play, I guess?

Enjoy!

**********

A light breeze was blowing the curtains inward, carrying with it the refreshing air of the sea. Sierra could hear the waves splashing against the rocks of the cliff, the wind whistling outside, the ships flying in and out of the docks, as she was lying in Jessica's bed, studying her environment. Almost four weeks had gone by since the wedding, and it was only then, as she was settled between her husband and his concubine, that she finally felt at home. Only then was she able to truly hear the waves and smell the sea. Only then did she feel curious about her new planet, an adventurous spirit calling her to explore the beautiful green hills under the cold grey sky of Caladan. She wanted to know her home, to find more reasons to love it, as it would find more reasons to love her.

Jessica had propped herself up on her elbow and was hovering over her with a loving smile as she ran her fingers across her cheek. Leto refused to let go of her as he lied on his side, an arm wrapped around her waist, his chin resting on the top of her head. Sierra just needed time to get herself back together after her recent breakdown. She needed time to recharge before dinner. Before seeing her father again. She just lied there, her empty eyes moving slowly across the room as she let Jessica caress her hair and Leto hold her against him. She knew they didn't have much time as the clock was going to ring seven any time now.

Alys, Jessica's housekeeper, reluctantly came to remind them of the time. Edward had told Nesta where their mistress was, and she was anxious to get her ready in time for dinner. Jessica thanked and dismissed her as she sat up on the mattress and, once they were alone again, turned back to Sierra and ran her knuckles softly across her cheek to give her the strength to go on.

"I will be with you, always," Leto whispered before he finally let her go.

Sierra took a deep breath, cleansing herself from any remaining doubt and fear, filling her lungs with Caladan's air, summoning the courage to start anew. She had to make her husband proud. She would make her husband proud.

She could feel their eyes on her as she sat up. She wiped dried tears from her cheeks and concealed a yawn with a hand. She heard Leto chuckle.

"It's all over, sweet girl. Everything is going according to your father's plan. It will all be okay."

He cupped her chin in his hand and leaned over to press a kiss against her temple.

"They agreed to denounce the Harkonnens?" Jessica asked.

"They couldn't refute the evidence. And Dr. Yueh's testimony is damaging. They will be calling for the Emperor to sanction them. Your father is very pleased. He's already been asked about hiring talents from Valentia."

"What about you? Will you be hiring talents from Valentia?" Jessica teased.

"I think I will," he nodded. "I need a new doctor."

***

The dining room had grown small as Castle Caladan welcomed more guests, and dinner had to be served at the banquet hall, where decorations for the ball that was to be held on the next evening had already started to appear. The buffet tables had been set against the walls, adorning champagne glasses and other silverware. The stage for the musicians had been built and was covered in entangled wires, half of which had invaded the dance floor. Some of the tables had been put together to form a rectangle and the guests were seated quite randomly. All eyes were on Lord Valen as he held the answers to their burning questions. Most of the Great Houses knew they were being manipulated so Valentia could finally get that esteemed place in the galaxy, but they were smart enough to know what to do when they were being used by someone: use them right back.