what can i hold you with?

What can I hold you with?

I offer you messy rooms, open windows, the constellation of orion.

I offer you the respect of a girl who has observed long and long human incapabilities and hope.

I offer you my role-models, my authors, the thoughts that haunt my mind everyday: my father's father who never spoke when the time was, the hours he taught me and his face that I remember; my mother's father who took two bullets, rebelled to take up law and tried his best to do things good and ended up miserable looking at his wrong everyday.

I offer you whatever perspectives my literature may hold, whatever manliness or womanliness my breath.

I offer you the trust of a person who has never trusted before.

I offer you that shred of myself that holds me together - the mind that controlled everything before now and the heart that was longing to be freed, to love fully, to trust blindly, to look forward without conditions.

I offer you observations of yourself, reasons about yourself, true and blushing information on yourself.

I can share with you my lonely self, my monsters, the starvation of my heart; I am trying to bribe you with flaws, with poems, with future.

- Panchi
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
P.S. - Panchi is a personal name that only my family or people extremely close to me have the right to use. This poem is a closely drawn impression of my favourite poem "What Can I Hold You With?" by Jorge Luis Borges. It was written for my partner on the occasion of our anniversary.