ㅡ『11』

┍━━━━━✿━━━━━┑
Chapter 11
Maybe in our next Life
┕━━━━━✿━━━━━┙

SEBASTIAN SIGHED for the nth time starting the journey. Anastasia had too much energy on her system that the old vampire could not keep up.

"I will throw you out if you don't quiet down." The older threatened.

"I know you wouldn't! Ha!" She exclaimed, not before meeting the menacing glare on the raven-haired vampire's face. "You wouldn't, right?"

"Would you like to find out?" That made her calm down for the rest of the ride.

As they passed the sign welcoming them back to Rochester, Sebastian huffed at the irony of him coming back when he sworn that he wouldn't until his feelings get sorted.

     "This is your house?" Ana asked as they arrived at the familiar gate of the Cullen's' home. "It's amazing!"

     "Not mine." The older deadpanned.

     Just in time, the door swung open and there stood Carlisle Cullen. Beside him was Esme and behind them was Edward.

     "I thank you once again Sebastian, for coming back." He greeted as the two approached the front door.

     "Oh and you've brought company!" Esme beamed at the surprisingly quiet woman beside the raven-haired vampire.

     "Right. She found me in Lewiston. New Vamp and seeking for guidance that I do not know if I provided?" Sebastian replied in an amused tone.

"Anyways, Cullens this is Anastasia Fiorella Evans. Anastasia, that's Carlisle, Esme, and Edward." The Donovan introduced.

"Lovely to meet you dear!" Esme beamed while the other two smiled in response.

The family moved aside to let the two visitors in. Once settled in the living room, Ana allowed Esme to pull her in the kitchen.

"Carlisle she has a gift." The latter informed the blonde doctor. "Much like Edward's, but hers work a bit differently."

"Care to elaborate?"

"She can only hear thoughts of a person when she initiates the conversation telepathically." Sebastian explained. "She can't read them just when standing near anyone. Unlike someone we know."

"So, why did you bring her along?" Edward asked, disregarding the previous statement. "You have a thing for blondes?"

That only got him a blank stare at his attempt for a joke. "You have a thing for being nosey with people's business?"

"Touché"

"She's a newborn if you couldn't tell." Sebastian elaborated, "And she's really determined to try the vegetarian lifestyle, Carlisle. I trust that you can help her adjust to it?"

     "You have my word"

     "Then it's settled! I'll sort things out with the Governor and after that i'll be leaving town for a bit." The raven-haired vampire stated.

     "You're leaving her with us?" Edward inquired.

     "For someone who can read minds, you are kind of slow." The latter deadpanned. "Yes Anthony, Carlisle will help with the diet and you will help her with her gift. I think Esme would love her company."

     Edward only grumbled at the use of his other name. On cue, Esme along with Anastasia entered the living room with bright smiles on their faces.

     "Anastasia, right?" Carlisle asked as the girl nodded in response. "Welcome to the Cullens."