Chapter 3 || Mateo

"You're a guy," Delilah said, very confused like I was.

"Yes?," He replied, although it sounded more like asking, observing his surroundings.

"You're not a woman?" I asked, still bewildered. The person who almost got killed was a woman, who had a child. At least she sounded like a woman, and I wasn't one to assume one's gender, but she definitely sounded like a mother.

"Last time I checked, no, I wasn't a woman."

"And you don't have a child?" Lilah asked, making sure even though we already knew the answer.

"I'm 17."

"Then why did you yell that you had a child? Were you lying so that you wouldn't die? And why was your voice not as low as it is now? Where are you hurt? Did you see the person who tried to hurt you?" Lilah asked, bombarding the guy with questions, making herself seem pretty nosy at that moment.

"Umm... So which question should I answer?"

"Let's start from the beginning to how you ended up here. You looked pretty confused about this place," I said, waiting for the guy to speak up and tell his story.

"Ok, so I arrived at the party around 6, and handed the gift to the birthday girl, an-"

"You don't even know her name?" Lilah asked, cutting the dude off.

"I was here for the food and gifts, ok? Anyways, I gave the gift to her, and then the cake cutting started. Then I got a call from my friend, and to talk privately I went inside a room. Right as I was about to get done, I heard footsteps behind me and then turned around to see a figure who was dressed with a face mask. But I remember nothing after that, until now when I was woken up by two girls staring at me from afar."

"Ok, so it seems that the person, whoever they are, just hurt you, but not enough to make it something serious. You still have your memory." I analyzed the situation. The masked figure doesn't seem to be very dangerous as to killing somebody. They're all bark, no bite, or maybe we just haven't seen their bite.

"No, no, something doesn't add up. It was dark in the room, but some street lights outside were lighting up the room through the windows enough to see the surroundings. And I know that it wasn't this room."

"Are you sure? Maybe you are hurt." Delilah asked, leaning in closer to check his temperature through his forehead.

"No, I'm sure because there were windows, which aren't there here. And even if I was hurt and had a memory loss, I don't think checking my temperature would help," the guy said, taking Lilah's hand off his forehead.

"Ooops, sorry. Uh anyways, what's your name? We've been talking for so long and still don't know your name!"

"I got to your school."

"You do?" Both Lilah and I asked in unison.

"Yep."

"Well, you know a lot of students go to our school, so that's probably why we've never met you!" I said, feeling embarrassed for not knowing his name.

"I'm in your PE class."

"Ohh, you are? Such a coincidence!" Lilah said laughing off really loudly, before remembering where we were. Till now, we'd be whispering so lightly, so that no one would hear us.

"Yes, and in your AP Bio, Lilah," the guy said with her name, making it more embarrassing for not knowing his name.

"It's Akash," he finally said.

"Ohhh, yes! Akash, I know you! You're in my AP Bio. I couldn't see that well because it's dark in here," Lilah said, trying to ease the embarrassment of not knowing his name, even though it was true that she didn't have a single clue of who he was.