Welcome Back.

~~~~~~~~~~Sabito POV~~~~~~~~

It may sound cliche, but racing after Giyu in the treetops was exhilarating.

And Giyu knew it too, slowing down until Sabito could reach him before flitting out of reach, like a fish in water.

Man, now he's just toying with me, Sabito thought, a slight bit exasperated.

Giyu leaped from ahead of him, up through the canopy with a flicker of leaves.

Not willing to be left behind, Sabito quickly followed suit, bursting through the whirlwind of green, frantically scanning for the familiar hoari-

Oh, so that's how he wants to play it.

It was a game that they had created as soon as they could use their breathing correctly (semi-correctly), a sort of whack-a-mole-hide-and-seek game. 

He dove back down towards the earth, lifting his gaze to the thick branches of the trees-

There.

A flash of maroon, and it was gone. Sabito pursued it carefully, now using all the stealth he had mastered and remastered again. Knowing Giyu, the clue was purposeful, but Sabito would have to surprise him at least once today. 

Landing quietly on a branch near the edge of the forest, he once again scanned the branches near him.

Green. It was small, behind a relatively small tree. He almost missed it, but even Yuu couldn't hide all of himself now could he?

Sabito dropped to the ground, smiling. He still remembered all of Yuu's faults; like the fact that he kept diligent watch on the skies, not so much the ground. 

keeping low and ducking for cover, Sabito made his way to the tree, and sure enough, there was Giyu, blue eyes scanning all movement in the foliage, keeping the red of his haori out of sight.

He wasn't smiling yet. 

Sabito would help with that.

~~~~~~Tomioka Giyu POV~~~~~~

Why hadn't Sabito caught up yet? He wasn't in the branches, and Giyu still watched the ground occasionally. The easiest way would still be from above, it had the most options. Did Giyu actually lose him? Why was he enjoying this so much? Questions raced through his head, and just as he was going to give up, he realized he had let his guard down.

~~~~Sabito POV~~~~~~

As Giyu relaxed a slight bit, Sabito knew it was time to act. He exploded from the bush, grinning as he caught Yuu's surprised expression pulled him along as they fell back to earth.

Ow.

He made very hard impact with the packed dirt, landing harder than he originally thought he would. At the very least, Yuu was on his chest, wrapped in his arms, and finally laughing. A bright, beautiful laugh, paired with a delicate smile, just like the one he loved as children.

Oh my god, he's beautiful. 

Impulsively, if he did say so himself, Sabito pressed a kiss against the ravenette's forehead, cutting off his laughter abruptly.

Realizing what he did, he scrambled to correct his mistake.

"S-sorry! I didn't mean-"

The rest of his words were muffled as Giyu pulled him into a kiss.

A real kiss.

An actual kiss.

Sabito was sure he looked like a tomato.