The Other Issue

Scott and Stiles sat in front of Derek and I with a look of immense guilt on their faces. They should be, the two had been investigating the Kanima and hadn't told people what they had been doing. These kids are going to be the death of me. According to Scott it was because they thought we might hurt whoever the Kanima is. Moron, I tell you. They had also been doing this since Stiles' car got destroyed by the creature 4 months ago. Shortly after we left to go visit my father.

The two were currently in time out for their questionable behavior. We had decided to inform Melissa and Noah about what their kids' great idea of a hobby was., leaving out that murder was actually human. Derek and I both knew that sooner or later Scott and Stiles would both surrender themselves to the pack. They had already started even without releasing. They protect me from the outsiders but let me chill with the actual members. Derek and I knew there was a chance of Scott being a true alpha. We hoped it wasn't true because not only could that cause a power struggle with the two leaders. It could also put every supernatural person in town in danger.

Derek and I stood outside the room softly discussing the best course of action to explain everything we knew to the entire group. We had even decided to invite Argent and Allison. We thought having some hunters on our side would be helpful, but made sure they knew they didn't have to attend or help; it was simply an information gathering. We would put everyone's heads together and figure out how to help Jackson and Lydia and figure out who was controlling the Kanima and why. Finally everyone showed up and was in the living room, except Scott and Stiles who were still in a werewolf timeout and Peter who had texted saying he was running a few minutes late. All of a sudden I got a call from my dad. I knew it had to be important because of the time of day. We had a few minutes before Peter would show up so I decided to answer.

Charlie Swan Y/N Swan

"Hey what did you need? Is everyone okay? Billy, Jacob, Pa..."

"Everything and everyone is perfectly fine."

"Oh good you had me worried there for a second."

I could practically hear his smile with what he said next.

"Bella has agreed to come and stay with me for the next few years. We still need to iron out some details but I can't wait."

I froze, this wasn't what I had been expecting. I loved Bella, but she was too self centered to be doing it for a good reason.

"Not that I'm not excited for you about this, because I am, but I thought she was happy with mom. Why the sudden move?"

"Well, I'm not supposed to say anything, but our family is about to grow a little larger."

I grew even stiffer. My little 16 year old sister. What was she thinking?

"I think that your mom had something to do with it. I know Bella isn't keen to keep the baby and that the baby daddy isn't in the picture. However, both your mother and I aren't going to let Bella get rid of the child."

My poor parents Bella, a sophomore, was going to have a baby. We all knew that Bella wasn't going to pay a single thought of attention to the poor kid and one of my parents was going to get stuck raising my niece/nephew, unless.

"Dad why are you telling me this"

He sighed "I'm not dumb or delusional, Y/N, and neither are you. Unlike your mother, neither of us think that Bella will give a drop of attention to the child. I'll skip the avoidance and get right to the point. Bella isn't going to give that child the attention it deserves. I'm telling you this because I know that you could give the child a stable home. I mean look at what you're doing for that boy, Issac was it, you willingly took him in when he had no place to go. Now I'm not sure why you did but you're providing that boy a stable home. I also saw how you interacted with Derek, we both know he isn't going to leave your life anytime soon. My point is that you can do so much for this kid, so when the time comes I would appreciate it if the child stayed with the family and..."