[10.] A W K W A R D__E N C O U N T E R

While Malia helped Stiles stash the body in his rental car and clean up the rest of the scene, she smelt something that had her nose wrinkling. She smelt the same scent earlier when she was hugging Stiles, she also smelt it on him when he first got back to Beacon Hills and met them at the Hale loft.

It wasn't his scent because even covered in blood, dirt, or magic Stiles was Stiles. To Malia, Stiles's scent was imprinted into her. He was her best friend, her anchor, and the first person she ever trusted.

So the question was, why did Stiles smell so much like someone who wasn't him?

"Stiles?" Malia stopped to look at him.

"Yeah?" Stiles answered as he shut the car door and leaned against the trunk where the man's body was wrapped up and hidden.

"I have a question for you."

"Well, I would say shoot," Stiles joked, "but I did just take a bullet for you. So, go ahead."

"Who are you having sex with?" Malia outright asked, her natural bluntness showing.

"Jesus, Mals! No one."

"I can smell them all over you, Stiles."

"Maybe, but it's not from sex," Stiles said. "Mainly make-out sessions and cuddles, we haven't exactly gotten to that stage yet."

"Really?" Malia frowned. "Your scents mix like you have... and a lot."

"No, nope," he shook his head. "Unfortunately the guy's too old-fashioned and until we have a proper freaking date I'm screwed. I mean, I've had more cold showers in these past three months than I've had in my whole teenage career."

"Guy," Malia said and smiled smugly.

"Yeah, let's just say he's lucky he's interesting and hot as hell," Stiles stated.

"Who is he?" she asked. "Mercenary? Superhero? Supernatural? Human? Please tell me he at least knows who you really are."

Malia hated that Stiles had to hide his true self from the pack, but she also knew why. Scott would freak for sure and the rest wouldn't be that much better, all except for maybe Lydia who really loved Stiles for Stiles.

"None of the above, I guess," Stiles shrugged, taking a second to categorize his Whitewolf. Supersoldier, so not technically or completely human anymore. "And I'm pretty sure you would've seen him on the 5 o clock news and every other news channel like 24/7 until about a month ago."

"Oh my God, he's a criminal," Malia stared at him.

"Sort of," Stiles said, looking back at her. "But... but it's not his fault."

"Stiles," she deadpanned.

"Malia," he copied her. "Do you even know who we're talking about?"

"No, not even a little bit," Malia admitted. "Who?"

"The Winter Soldier, James Buchanan Barnes."

Stiles waited for the freakout but he should have known it wasn't coming, especially from Malia. All she did was shrug and give a small nod.

"You're right, he is hot as hell."

"I know right," Stiles grinned.

"I'm guessing you don't want the pack to know about him yet then," Malia said and climbed into the front passenger seat of the car as Stiles climbed into the driver's.

"You'd be guessing right, Mals," he sighed and started up the engine.

Bucky wasn't a criminal but with the news and the warrants out for the man, Stiles wasn't trying to be too careful and get the guy arrested. His Whitewolf was now glued to him and hopefully for the foreseeable future too. It was a feeling, a good one that had Stiles wanting to keep Bucky with him always.