Eye of the Storm

EYE OF THE STORM

Her choices were made to protect others.
All the twisted trusts wrapped around her heart , constricting.
She did everything for them.
Forever and always.
Until she smelled blood.
Then the sharks came out.

Scorched hearts and currents were all it took to break the girl. After years of isolation and solitude, curtesy of her mother, the little girl had no idea how to interact with the other children when the world ended. Found in a small apartment, blood wrapped around her pigtails and a dead woman in her bed, Derya Johnson was taken to the WCKD facility. She knew nothing and no one, standing out like a polar bear on the Florida beach.

As Derya, meaning ocean, grew up, she pushed and pulled people in like tides. Never holding anybody in long enough because she felt they would leave her anyway. Any person that tried to stay in her life would just make her mad. So Derya threw herself into her work. Following Ava Paige around like a puppy. Derya did everything for others and nothing for herself. Need more sticky notes? Here you go! Ran out of ink in you pen? You can have mine!

As science shows, the ocean can be dangerous. Disastrous. Tremendous. The oceans needed moons to control there tides. Derya's tides were her emotions. And her moon was Thomas.

And when he's pulled into her riptides of love, there was no getting out. For either of them. Hiding in broom closets to get away from Teresa. Sneaking to the others dorm to play cards. Laying on the roof, dreaming of playing in the waves. They were childish hopes of course.

But when Thomas is taken away from her, the waves are drawn further and further into itself until it can't be stopped. She can't be stopped.

Derya was the war WCKD wasn't expecting. A unsuspected tsunami. Water mixing with the blood on her hands like paint off a paintbrush.

Caution.

' GOOD ONES LIKE
ME NEVER WAIT ,
TOMMY. '

' THEN WHY ARE
YOU STILL HERE ,
DERYA? '

💌🍰🍓

💌🍰🍓DERYA JOHNSON

💌🍰🍓
DERYA JOHNSON ... chase sui wonders
THOMAS ... dylan o'brien
OTHER CHARACTERS ... their respective actors/actresses

' I'M LIKE RIPTIDES ,
I'M DEADLY AS
HELL! '

'BUT YOU'RE
MY DEADLY
RIPTIDE .'

WARNINGS
blood, death, sex(ual themes),
violence, dark humor, mature
themes, gore.
EXPLANATION
the maze runner — first movie.
COPYRIGHT
my character(s) and
their storylines are
the only thing i own !
©𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒈𝒐𝒅
DEDICATIONS
veridityvernorexia
heywqrds
exileprker
voidslut
dylanrobriens
klauswrld

💌🍰🍓— Ash.
super excited for
this , you have
no idea !!

love you guys ❤️‍🩹

POSTED — march 20 , 2022.
EDITED — n / a !