000 , ( New Beginnings )

DERYA sat desperately in her desk chair, spinning in circles as she waited for the screen to load. She was alone in the office now. Teresa had left hours ago to sleep off her stress. Thomas was no where to be seen. Same for Ava Paige and Janson. The WCKD building was so silent you could hear a pen drop.

The brunette girl stopped spinning and leaned forward onto her desk, running hands down her face. Fast footsteps pulled her attention to the door. She slammed her laptop shut and quickly shoved it into her bag, standing up. No heel clicks so it wasn't Ava. No dragging feet so not Teresa. Janson stomps so it wasn't him. That only leaves Thomas.

Derya rushes to the door to unlock it, Thomas' body soon pushing in. Sweat ran down his forehead onto his nose. Once he saw her, his face brightened. He scooped her up and twirled her around. "Tommy, what's going on?" She giggled.

"I did it." He huffed, out of breath. He'd been running.

"Did what?" She asked. His smile got bigger as he wrapped his arms around the girl. She leaned into his chest, looking up into his eyes. Derya's smiled faltered as she realized. The one thing he's been wanting. "No, Tommy."

"Yes. Derya, I did it."

Her world crumbled .. falling into itself as everything clicked. Why Teresa has rushed away so quickly "to sleep". Why Ava Paige hadn't checked on her. He'd sent them. Thomas had fucking sent the fucking locations.

Of course it was their dream to get out. But Derya knew that would never happen. She knew she'd never be able to play in the oceans with Thomas, or buy ice cream on the boardwalk in their swimsuits. They were hopeless dreams but it got them through their miserable life. It was Derya, Teresa, and Thomas. That was it.

"Why? Why did you do that? You promised you wouldn't!"

"I know , I know. And I'm sorry, but it needed to be done."

"Did it, Thomas?!"

"Yes, Derya!"

The girl shoved herself off of him and walked backward, trying not to cry. He stepped toward her and she snapped. Her hand swiped his face and then froze. It didn't phase him .. it had happened many times before. Thomas grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers, pulling her back into his chest.

"Why, Tommy? Why?" She sobbed. Chokes and embarrassing gurgles escaped her throat but she did not care. Neither of them did. "You need to run."

"I did run. I ran to you. To say goodbye."

Another sob escaped her as she fell into him. Her black tears wrecked his shirt as she wailed. Thomas' arms lifted her up, his lips pressing kisses on her head. Tears dripping into her hair.

"Please no..."

"I love you, Derya."