chapter 1

Outrider Amber, the Gliding Champion of Monstadt, quietly sat on the roof of the Knights of Favonius headquarters enjoying the cool night air. She kicked the heels of her shoeless feet against the cold, stony brick of the building whilst humming.

"Ahhh, It's so nice all the way up here!" Her smile as bright and cheery as ever, until she heard a ever so familiar laughing from behind.

"It seems that our Outrider is enjoying the night views~" It was the flirtatious Calvary Captain, Kaeya. Amber sighed, her good enjoyment rotting away.

"You haven't gone home yet, Captain Kaeya?" She jumped onto the floor of the roof, dusting off her shorts. Her hands were now on her hips, as she looked up at him with a mix of her normal cheery expression and slight annoyance.

"Is there a requirement for when I should go home?" This statement only made the cheery girl get slightly more annoyed. Kaeya was nice when he wasn't constantly messing with her, which was pretty much only when they were in a serious battle with a Mitachurl or what not. Even so, those fights were rare since he was a vision holder.

Amber shook her head in response as she put her shoes back on. "I just expected you to leave on time today, that's all! Anyways, I gotta go!" The Outrider waved to the taller male and walked towards the door stationed on one of the towers. Amber feared that if she stayed any longer, the Calvary Captain would have killed her mood. Although she was mostly cheerful, there was one person who could make her annoyed; Calvary Captain Kaeya.

---------------------------

Amber unlocked the door of her small apartment with a tiny click of the lock. "Ahhh!!! Finally home!" She collapsed face first on the couch in her living room/kitchen space. After about 5 minutes, she stood up to walk to her bathroom to take her light makeup off.

The Gliding Champion then turned her shower on and slid her clothes off. She sighed in relief when she felt the hot water hit her thin body.

A little while later, she got out of the shower and after drying herself off, she put a towel around her body before retreating to her bedroom. She put on a pink pajama set with white bunnies on it before laying on her bed and falling asleep.

---------------------------

It was now morning, 6:00 .A.M. to be exact. The brunette slowly opened her eyes before sitting up in her bed whilst yawning. "I guess it's time to get going..." She sighed, yawning once again.

She got up out of her bed and changed into her normal work attire. She stretched her arms as she walked into her small bathroom, looking in the mirror to see her dreary eyes and messy, dark brown hair. The Outrider sighed before picking up her brush and brushing through her bed-head. Amber decided to eat breakfast then do light makeup and finish off her hair.

And so, she made her breakfast. It was scrambled eggs with bacon on the side. Once she finished eating, she silently praised herself for making such yummy food.

Amber soon stood up, walking back to her bathroom to brush her teeth and put on makeup. She examined herself in the mirror before remembering to tie her red ribbon in her soft, brown hair.

"Alright! Ready to go!" Amber exclaimed as she walked out of her apartment.