chapter 3

Half of a day went by fast normally for Amber, but today, it went by abnormally fast. She wasn't excited to go to the coldest place in Teyvat with Kaeya of all people. The Outrider dreaded the idea and wished she had the guts to deny Jeans request of her going.

However, Amber only knew that if she did, Jean would go instead. That would result in the Acting Grand Master to overwork herself even more. That was definitely the last thing Amber wanted.

------------------------------
morning of day 1
------------------------------

"Are you ready to get going, Amber? We do not want to be late, do we?" Kaeya questioned the tired girl. It was 4:00 in the morning. They had to set out early since it would take about half of their first day to get to the mountain.

"Of course I am!!" The brunette had to keep up her normal attitude no matter how much she disliked Kaeya. She couldn't treat the Calvary Captain different than anyone else.

Kaeya got into the carriage and extended a hand to Amber to help her get in. She took his hand and got into the carriage swiftly. The two finally set off, so there was no going back now.

-----------------------

The carriage stopped, which meant that they were at their stopping point. Now, they had to travel the rest of the way on foot.

"So we're really going to walk the rest of the way? Isn't that like, all the way around the base of the mountain?" Amber questioned, really not wanting to walk that far difference in such a cold climate. They weren't even in the snowy part yet and it was already below zero. Although she had a pyro vision, Amber isn't all that good at keeping herself warm.

"Yes, we are, however, I expect that you won't have a problem with it." Kaeya already had a stupid snarky tone in his voice and his comment only managed to annoy Amber.

"O-Of course I wont! Anyways! Let's get going!" She was really trying to get out of that situation because she thought that if he said one more stupid comment like that, she would break.

"Well, someone's eager. I guess we have no choice." The Calvary Captain started walking with Amber only a few steps behind him as they slowly went into the cold climate.

Amber could feel the cold air tickling her skin and she desperately wished she was anywhere but Dragonspine. Not only was it freezing cold, the whole walk to their camp was dangerous. At one moment, the Outrider had been walking dangerously close to the side of a cliff, nearly slipping off before being pulled back by Kaeya.

And at last, after a whole day of traveling, they finally reached their destination.