So what are we going to do now?

Cole's POV:

"Hey guys, is something wrong?" Kai asked as he turned quickly to wash a glass, which I considered a bit odd. Why was he even out of bed in the first place, and where did his bandages and wound go?

"Yea, except that almost lost! Some break-in at Borg-labs had these sneaky thieves, we could hardly catch them!" Jay whined as he flopped down onto the couch. 

"You said it" Nya said as she walked to her room, getting ready for the rest of the day. Nya and Jay wanted to do some repairs on stuff at the junkyard, so Jay was going to take her there. 

"Agreed...but Kai, why aren't you resting?" Zane asked ready to get a snarky reply from the fire master. I too wanted to know why he wasn't in bed, and by the looks of it...Lloyd did too. 

"I needed a drink." Kai said plainly as he quickly made his way back to med-bay. Jay then got up to go freshen up since him and Nya needed to be leaving soon, or else they would end up having to spend the night at Jay's parents place. 

Once Jay left, Lloyd turned his direction to me and Zane. "Did you guys notice that his wound is gone, plus how he didn't seem shocked at all? He asked worriedly. 

"I am unsure of the reasoning, I can ask him later today. However, he did have quite a temper when I asked him a simple question this morning before our departure." Zane said. 

"I can ask Kai if you want Zane, I know that you need to fix your falcon from a previous mission. Plus..." I said, now turning my direction to Lloyd "...Master Wu gave you some lessons to  complete while he was away". I said with a snarky smile. 

"Oh come on Cole, just tell him I did them!"

"No way Greenie!"

"Agreed, That would be very irrational and wouldn't be beneficial Lloyd."

"Ughhh" Lloyd said as he hauled his way to the training room. 

"I must go fix my falcon now Cole, I will see you later." The ninjroid said as he also walked away. 

I was then left with Kai, who looked casual...but I know Kai. He was nervous about something, but what could it be? He kept being around a certain area, so I guess it has something to do with that part of the kitchen. I'll just check it once he leaves. 

"Cole?" Kai said, he probably was confused since I was just standing there. Jeez, I can be so stupid. 

"Sorry Kai, just questioning how the fight at the bank could have gone differently. Quick question though, where did your wound go?" I asked Kai as I raised an eyebrow. 

"Oh uhm...I'm not sure. Before you guys left Zane gave me some special tea which I think healed it." Kai said while playing it off cool. 

I'll have to ask Zane later, by the looks of Kai's posture...he was definitely hiding something. But what?

It was around 6:00 at the time, and Jay and Nya came back out while me and Kai were still there. 

"See you later guys, we will probably be back in a few days. Jay's dad called and said that Borg-Labs just dropped off some scrap pieces that we should enjoy building with." Nya said as she grabbed her phone off the charger. 

"Alright, see you around guys!" I said waving to Jay and Nya, receiving a goodbye from Nya and a wave from Jay as he closed the door behind them. Kai just slowly, and sneakily, tried to make his way down the hall to med-bay. 

I didn't stop Kai from going down the hallway. Instead, I wanted to see if he was lying or not about the tea. I can tell when he is lying, it's something I sort of picked up along the years. When he told me about the tea, I knew it wasn't true. I am wrong sometimes, so I wanted to check with Zane. 

Luckily, I found him getting everything prepared before he started repairs on the falcon. I walked into the room after knocking on the door. 

"Zane, you in there?"

"Yes, come in. Oh, hello Cole! What brings you here? I was just about to start the repairs on the falcon's cameras."

"I just wanted to know what you gave Kai this morning, like drink wise?"

"I only brought him a plate of breakfast, I think pancakes or waffles? Nya prepared the food and I just took it to him."

So he didn't give Kai any special tea..."Thanks Zane."

"Why did you need to know?"

"I just wanted to sum up all the dishes everyone has to see if they would fit in the dishwasher." I wasn't lying...It was my turn to do the dishwasher. I just didn't sum up anyone's stuff, I wash what was there and that was it. 

Zane nodded as he turned around and began repairs and I walked out of the room. I then made my way to the kitchen where Kai was around. He was almost like glued to this side of the kitchen earlier. I checked the cabinets, behind the fridge, under the counters, and etc. I didn't find anything suspicious or out of the ordinary. Maybe I was just overthinking this?

Then I saw a spider on the counter besides the fridge. "Oh no you don't!" I said as I went to hit it with a rag from a nearby counter. "I gotcha!"

I hit it with the rag, but I then noticed a gap behind the fridge. The counter still ran behind it, and I guess I leaned far enough over the counter to get the spider that I just now realized it. As I looked more at it, I realize that something was hidden behind it. 

I reached back and grabbed whatever it was. I pulled out a black bottle with a screw on lid, it was a pretty big bottle too. I took off the lid and I instantly wanted to gag, it smelt horrible! I poured just a bit into the lid to see what it was, and I froze the minute I did so. It was full of blood...why would Kai have this?

I then remembered what happened back at that mission me, Lloyd, and Kai were sent on. 

"There's no way..."

I then heard someone walking behind me as I turn around to see the one and only Kai. However, I was once again shocked not by him being there, but by his appearance. He had long pointed ears, red eyes, pale skin, and shark nails and teeth.

"Kai-"

"So you found out huh..."

"Hold on-"

"...so what are we going to do now...?"