Pain

Pain.

A One Shot. Gulf-Mew.

The door bell chimed indicating a new customer. He looked up from putting the used set of carving instruments to the sterilizing machine. The professional smile on his face turned into a slight frown as his eyes narrowed in concern. He turned to see the chart, it was after 2 months that This customer came back. The most quickest re-visit. 

His customer approached him as he was sitting on the stool by the head of the leather couch, and laid down on his back.

Gulf sighed looking at Mew who was laying down on the bed pulling off his tee. He was silent. Gloomy. His eyes red. His face expressionless.  Something he mastered over the course of time.

Its been 3 years since he was a regular customer to Gulf Kanawut. The famous, sophisticated, sober, decent and the hotest tattoo maker in the town. He was expensive and exclusive. Not everyone could afford his fee. His tools expensive quality. Always sterilized. Neatly arranged. His studio neat and clean, unlike many messed up. But yes, he never accepted any drawings. He would listen to the idea and would draw on his own, spontaneous and beautiful. Much better than any imagination.

He took his pen and turned to see where to draw and what to draw. At this point, all he could see was every inch colored in ink. And he really had to work hard to see where to draw. Mew, his one and only customer who never asked for any particular drawing.

It all began three years ago when he first saw Mew entering his salon. Without saying anything he laid down on the couch pulling off his shirt on his stomach. Gulf, he didnt feel anything weird because many of his customers would behave odd.

Gulf, he was about to ask but his eyes laid on fresh marks of leashes on the otherwise fair broad back. The marks were 2 days old may be.

"I need to cover these". He just heard a low murmur and he sighed. None the less he picked up the pen to draw something to cover those long lashes a result of leather whips.

"It will hurt a bit". He pulled on his gloves as he took his ink pen to start carving.

"I love the pain". He heard another low voice. He chuckled thinking about the number of customers who acted brave and ended up crying bitterly with the pricks of needles. But then, it was Mew, who fell asleep during the whole carving that took 2 hours for Gulf to transform the wounds into colorful flowers.

He was surprised at his self restrain. Because he was true to his words. He didnt even budge during the process. He wore his shirt, paid and left.

It was after 6 months when Gulf met Mew again. Shaggy in looks. His face covered in a week old shave. His eyes dimly lit. His lips chapped. Once again he laid down on his stomach, uncovering his back. This time the leather whips reached upto his nape to his left shoulder.

Gulf wanted to ask him but he stop himself. Not to intrude his privacy. Once again Mew slept the whole time. And by his posture, Gulf felt like he didnt sleep for a day. Once again, Mew woke up after putting his shirt and paid his bill and left.

It went on for more than 1 and a half years when Mew suddenly dissapeared. They had no contact to talk about. Every time the bell chimed, Gulf would look if it was Mew but no, until he lost all hopes to see the mysterious man.

It was after 10 months. Gulf was busy with his work that it was late at night when he got free. As his habit and routine he cleaned his tools. Put them in the machine. Cleaned the couch, the studio. He made sure to double check everything and went out to lock the doors.

"Ho... Fuckkkk. What the hell you are doing here"? He yelled screamed as he saw Mew leaning by the wall almost sleeping. The yell woke him up. He looked up to Gulf with groggy eyes before stretching his limbs to stand up. He almost stumbled on his feet and would have fallen face down only if Gulf had not held him.