1) Introduction

Y/n's pov

My friend group was... different.
Unusual, strange, WEIRD, call it what you want.

We were all so different that I think the only reason we had stayed friends was because we had been friends for so long.

I mean, you can't really compare to 3rd grade-12th.

There was Sidney Prescott. Lovable, sweet, innocent. She used to be really funny, but her mom died last year and now she's understandably not the same.

Then there was perfect Billy Loomis, Sidney's boyfriend. What was a fun and loving boy was now a more silent, almost creepy friend of ours. Ever since his mom left he's reserved, and really only speaks when spoken to. This friend group was filled with tragedies.

Tatum Riley, the one girl who didn't take any shit from anyone. Beautiful and badass. No tragedies here, not even a single bad hair day.

There was Stu Macher, the first and foremost designated idiot of the group, and Tatum's boyfriend. He was really tall and had a really goofy laugh. He was kind of an asshole, but also weirdly lovable.

Then we have Randy Meeks, Horror fanatic, your standard geek but in a more 'cool' way and a less 'suspenders and Star Trek' way. Randy and I worked at the Blockbuster Video store together and I could really say he was a funny and sweet guy.

Last, but definitely not least, there's me.
Y/n Y/l/n. Another horror movie freak. Randy definitely had me beat by just a bit but I could say with confidence that we were the two most alike of the group. We were also the 'third and fourth wheels.' I couldn't say it was the worst, because whenever Tatum and Stu and Sidney and Billy went on their infamous double dates, Randy and I were left to discuss and fangirl over old horror movies and their plots, breaking each scene down one-by-one.

But it would still be better if those double dates were triple dates. Truth is, I had been crushing hard on Randy since the 6th grade. Everyone in the group knew except him. God how oblivious he was.

So that's basically everything you need to know about us. And we thought that was everything we needed to know about ourselves.

But we were wrong.

Present day, 1996, we had no idea what was coming for us.