5) The next day

Y/n's pov

"Jesus, Sid!" I quickly jogged up to her where she stood by Gale Weathers.

Tatum had called me and told me about Sidney's one-on with the killer and that they thought it was Billy, but quickly released him.

She also told me about how Sidney had punched Gale in the face, and the blue and purple bruising on her cheek confirmed the story. I still can't believe I missed it.

"Are you okay?" I hugged her tightly. "Tatum called me at Blockbuster last night. I'm so sorry."

She hugged back tightly. "It's okay, Y/n. You had work." She pulled away, smiling at my concern.

Tatum came waltzing up.

"Nice welt." She snarked at Gale.

Gale ignored her, going back to Sidney.

"The killer is still on the loose, isn't he?" She asked. "These murders are related." I assumed she was talking about Sidney's mom's death.

"Yo." Tatum greeted us. "Let's rock." She gestured to the school.

"I'm sorry I mangled your face." Sidney said, fidgeting.

The three of us took off towards the school, Gale calling after us.

"Wait, Sidney, don't go..." She tried.

"Just stop." Tatum said.

As we walked across school campus, Tatum noticed Sidney's anxious demeanour and started to speak.

"Just relax, you're at school now. No one can get you here." She eased.

"But if it wasn't Billy it could be anybody. He could be here at school right now." Sidney said.

We moved up the walk, dozens of other people crowding to get inside.

"Serial killers are smart by definition." I spoke up. "They minimize their risk. They plan and pre-calculate everything. Showing up here would be the most lame-brain move he could make." I said.

Tatum nodded along.

"Then again, some killers are lame-brain by default." I shrugged.

"Not helping, Y/n." Tatum said.

"Sorry." I smiled sheepishly.

"He promised me he'd be back." Sidney stressed.

"I wouldn't put too much stock in a psychos promise." Tatum said.

I tried to keep my mouth shut but to no avail. "Really, it depends on who the psycho is."

Tatum elbowed me lightly, holding back her laugh.

"Im real sorry, Sid. I just can't help it." I patted her arm.

"It's fine, Y/n, really." She affirmed.

Two Ghostface's appeared in front and behind us and Sidney began to scream, but the 'killer's' just took of across campus, laughing their asses off.

——

Just before the bell, the hallway was congested with students heading to class.

I was standing at Tatum's locker with Sidney.

"This was a mistake." Sidney said. "I shouldn't be here."

"I want you to meet Y/n and I here right after class, okay?" Tatum asked Sid.

Billy appeared from the crowd, Stu tagging along behind.

"Shit. What's he doing here?" She scowled.

"I bet he's pissed." Sidney said nervously.