Chapter 12 Dark Urges

OFA dream world

Pure darkness drowned the place where Izuku's consciousness went, this time, there was no floor, no unnatural light, no wind....and for now, not even a body for the green-haired boy to look around or even interact with the void, until.....

*Crack*

Cracks appeared in the dark void apparently without a surface to lean on, they glowed white and expanded and...

*Boom*

In a flash of light, the air around the cracks was shattered like glass, and Izuku's distorted body was sent flying out of the *portal*, landing seemingly on nothing, his eyes were wide while his irises kept darting around erratic. His mind was in an erratic daze and he couldn't breathe to calm himself down, with no mouth, nose or lungs to take air, he felt like suffocating, but like before, he felt no pain from the lack of oxygen, just a lot of discomfort.

His panicked eyes started to show signs of focus after he started to recognize the awfully familiar void. He looked to the sides, up and down, seeing nothing but an eerie extension of darkness, just like last time. He also noticed the absence of a stone floor, meaning he was literally walking on *air*.

"I....I'm here again?..." He thought dazzlingly as he looked down at his own body, noticing it was mostly covered by mist, his hands being once again the only things made of flesh other than the upper half of his head.

He brought his semi-normal hands to his hair, trying to focus and remember what happened before coming here.

"I was....I was fighting, Hagakure, Tokoyami...... Bakugo. We...we won, I guess, but I passed out. *Urgh* it's all confused" Izuku thought a bit frustrated, he would have huffed if he had a mouth or lungs.

"Wait!-" He suddenly thought with more energy as his eyes widened. He quickly began to hastily look around, seemingly in search of something.

"The fact I'm here can't be a coincidence! There must be something OFA-related that I can discover...." He analyzed in his mind, a plan of action being pieced together in his mostly awake mind. Some quiet whispers and snorts were occasionally generated by the lower half of his face as he unconsciously tried to mutter his thoughts.

He stopped in his tracks once he felt a strange sensation enveloping his body followed by something glowing at the corner of his eyes.

"(Huh?)*confused snort*" Izuku instinctively tried to mutter as he turned his gaze to look at the source of the usual light, his pupils shrunk a bit as he finally saw something other than pure darkness, in front of him now stood eight medium-sized cocoons that seemed to be made of solid dark energy, black tendrils wrapped around them with spikes dispersed on the tentacles, some even directly stabbing the cocoons. The only thing that allowed the green-haired boy to see them was the same thing that caught his attention, a glow coming from each cocoon's core, all of them having a different color, white, blue, red, green, orange, purple, pink and yellow.

"(They weren't there before!!!) *Incomprehensible whispers*" Izuku tried to gasp shocked, ignoring the strange tingling coming from his few flesh body parts and the strange sensation coming from his eyes. Unknown to him, his irises were glowing red from the moment he laid his eyes on the cocoons.

The boy's eyes darted to each cocoon as he tried to memorize any detail that may give him any insight into what their nature and meaning were. He also was creating a more precise trail of thought, he noted that the black star wasn't present but the familiar tendrils were, all of them tightly wrapped around those strange cocoons like they were trying to either protect them or crush them. He could also feel himself be subtly drawn towards them, like an invisible chain was impaled on his chest and was trying to drag him towards them, but he squinted his eyes in discomfort and resisted the urge to get closer.