1

THE NIGHT I MET YOU

My dear Duchess,

It's your eyes that caught me.

Your lips that amazed me.

Your words, fazed me.

I shall never forget the moment….

~✒~

10998, 1st June.
Inkland, Swindon night.

The rain poured.

Two figures walked on the wet streets. The steady patter of water against their raincoats long faded to a dull rush in the back of their minds.

"Why in the blazes of hell did it have to pour tonight?"

Jimin tipped his black umbrella to shelter the young duchess.

"It's quite translucent that you shouldn't be here. Your mother will not hesitate to shoot an arrow through your skull if she discovered your outrageous deeds." Jimin stated.

Cloire scoffed. "Well I'll be damned."

They rounded up a corner coming front to front with the Forbidden Library. To expound on the name, women were prohibited in this specific library.

It has been the tittle-tattle of the city lately. It is whispered that heinous acts had been planned. Mysterious murders had made the headlines ever since the library was constructed, abrupt closing of businesses and the most intriguing of all, at least to Cloire, is the powerful business men that spawned from nowhere.

Nothing happens out of nowhere.

Cloire believed she found the source of their success.

She wanted part.

"Hurry on out if you don't want to be caught." Jimin advised ascending the stairs behind her and stuffing a bag behind a whitewashed pillar. "I'll prepare the carriage for you."

"Go on ahead." She dismissed. "But before you leave..." Her cheeks faintly tainted a pink colour. She looked at Jimin before giving him her back. "Is my rump too generous?"

Jimin chocked, not sure where to direct his eyes. "You look manly enough my lady." He assured.

She smiled not feeling convinced but she had no choice but to believe she pulled it off. She adjusted her black top hat, assuring that her hair was well tucked under it. She tied a lavender handkerchief over her nose.