Just A Dream

Book Title: Sonic: Collection of Short Stories
Chapter Title: Just A Dream

Main character/s: Tails and Angelica (OC; belongs to babygirlfai22)

Written By: PurpleAntiheroine

Idea Taken From/Insipred From: The Song, "Just A Dream By Nelly©" and an Adventure Time Theory.

Requested By: babygirlfai22 from Wattpad

Rated: PG-13

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters included in the story.

Characters are owned by SEGA©

OC's belong to their rightful owners.

Hope you all like it!
–––––––––––––––

Sonic ran to Tails' house. He, without knocking, entered his friend's home. He looked around and saw no one. He knew that Tails must be on his basement again doing science-y stuff.

He went down the basement and called out, "Tails, are you in here?"

"Right here." The young fox answered, he was working on another invention of his.

It was a large tube with buttons on the side and the tube is covered with a durable glass. Tails turned to his friend.

"What's that?" Sonic asked the brilliant young inventor.
"Oh, it's my DreamInitiator 2000. I'll tell you how it works. First, you'll insert the time you want to be inside the dream. Then, the subject steps inside the machine. Then, the machine squirts out the proper sleeping gas you'll need. Finally, the machine will start making the dreams the patient desires the most." Tails turned back to the machine to continue.

"Interesting. But isn't that a little bit...I don't know...dangerous?" Sonic said with a worried look.

"How come?" Tails turned back to Sonic again and asked.

"Because... what if you end up dreaming forever? You'll end up dying right?" Sonic asked in curiosity.

"I'm sure no one will want that to happen, right?" Tails smiled assuringly but Sonic knew something's wrong with Tails.

"Tails, I'm not the smartest hedgehog but I know why you built it." Sonic said and put a hand over Tails' shoulder.

Tails' smile turned into a frown. "I know Sonic but I promise I won't do anything stupid." He said and smiled; he even raised his right hand as a pledge.

"I know you won't Tails, I'm just making sure...Anyway, I came here to invite you for lunch with Amy, Rouge, Sticks, and Knuckles." The blue blur replied.

"I don't know Sonic. I want to finish my invention before I do something else. Just do me a favor and take home some lunch." The young inventor said.

"If you say so." He replied and went off.

–––––––––––––––

Sonic retold what happened during his conversation with Tails to the rest of his friends as they all ate at the restaurant.

"Don't worry about him, Sonikku. Tails just need some time to move on." Amy said, positively.

"You're right, Ames. But I'm just worried, since his breakup with Cream, he has been all day at his basement." Sonic replied, worrying for his best friend.
"Isn't he always on his basement all day?" Knux said in his usual curious look.

"Well, you're right...but not the type when he doesn't come up the surface or go to sleep." Sonic said.

"He doesn't even go to sleep, Sonic." Rouge butted in.