𝟎𝟏|𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

Present

Present.

I have been awake for eighteen hours straight.

When I first applied to law school, I never thought it would be that bad. I barely sleep during my exam sessions, studying all night and doing exams all day.

It's a pain in the ass.

I am currently at Reed and Milaydie's apartment, getting them to help me study. Having my best friends living in the same building as me truly has its perks.

"I am dying and it's not even my exams," Reed complains for the thousandth time, "How do you even manage to do this multiple times during a term?"

I shrug my shoulders, organizing some of my note sheets, "I just suck it up and think about how much I'll love my job when I am done."

Milaydie smiles at this, "It makes it better when you love what you do." She is probably the best exemple of this. Milay's been a dancer her entire life, and she is currently studying at Juilliard. She headlined a few ballets in huge arenas of New York.

"That's true," Just like his fiancée, Reed is thriving. He's studying business at Columbia, and has been spotted by major recruiters of the NBA. He is indecisive about which team to play for though, so he says he is waiting to see which contract works better for him.

As for me, I am still very much single and loving the college life. I am studying pre-law, spending all of my free time studying or reading. Life is really great at the moment and I can't wait to see where it takes me.

My phone rings in my pocket, making Milay snort. The theme song of the Doodlebops that I put for Kai's contact starts playing loudly in the apartment. I let it go for a little while before picking up, "Hey babe."

"Hello darling," Kai goes along with my nicknames, "I have a date by the way. Sorry to disappoint but if it gets serious, our relationship will come to an end."

"You have a date?" I get overly excited, and so does Milay who jumps to steal my phone.

Reed looks at her with a smile and shakes his head, "He is in for a long talk. She has been waiting for him to ask out this girl he met a little while ago."

"Why am I the only single one here?" I whine, "It's not fair, I am always third wheeling."

Reed lays flat on his couch, "Haven't had time to mingle yet, uh?

He is right about that. Look, I don't want to say that I am a ladies man but if I have the chance to go out with a cute honey, I will. I have never been in a real relationship but I've liked a girl before.

Yeah, let's not thing about that.

"School has been taking up all my time," I plop down next to him, "I don't know about having a girlfriend but being alone gets boring."