Chapter 1

•Metamorphosis•

                •Metamorphosis•

________________________

Artemis wasn't a complex person, she wasn't really complicated. She did what she wanted to do and got on with what she got. A couple of days after moving to Australia from London the last thing she expected was to end up on a boat with 3 girls. 2 of whom she didn't know and 1 of which she knew was her neighbour from day 1.

_________________

That day I  met up with my new found neighbour Cleo Sertori, we were the same age and I wanted to get to know her , so after I left my house I  met Cleo at the docks; the destination she suggested.

"So why did your parents name you Artemis?" Cleo questioned as us two brunette's were getting to know each other.

"Well," I acquired "In Greek Mythology Artemis is the goddess of the hunt, wilderness, wild animals, the moon, and Chasity," I  paused for a moment, "so I'm guessing they wanted me to be connected to nature...and stay of virtue" me and Cleo laughed.

"So cool" Cleo stated and we continued walking in a comfortable silence.

"Cleo" a voice shouted and we spotted a boy around our age.

"Hey Cleo!" and she looked to check if he was addressing her and he shouted again, "Yes, that Cleo."

"I'm in some trouble here. Can you help?" The boy asks looking from his boat to us once over.

"I don't think so" She replies unsurely as we back away.

"Come on. Please" he starts, "my zodiac won't go and all I need you to do is just pass me the tools"

I glance at the girl, "You don't have to if you don't want to Cleo"

"No it's ok" she replies with a reassuring smile and walked over to the boat.

"I'm not good with boats." She informs him, "You'll be fine" he interrupts.

I pass a suspicious look to  the boy and we both climbed into the zodiac. As Cleo started grabbing the tools the boy started speaking again.

"Took me a while to realise that someone stole my spark plug"

"So does it work without one?" Cleo innocently questions. And with that the we suddenly start drifting out into the water.

"I'm guessing no" I  muttered and sat down with her palm against her cheek.

"She's right," he grins "it doesn't, no spark plug, no spark" and as he said that a brown haired boy joined him.

"I was getting sick of that thing anyway"

"Why me?" Cleo shouts. "I didn't steal your spark plug"

"Because your here Cleo. My dad will buy me another boat anyway. I tell you what. If you get it going, you can keep it."