1

**************************************************
"Things happen,
at the right time
at the right place,
at the right moment
and a little unexpected!"
**************************************************

"Am I right Miss Hot chocolate?" a neat handwriting read, on the sticky note, attached to a local newspaper, placed on her table.

'Miss hot chocolate?'

Squinting her eyes in confusion, she detached the sticky note off the newspaper and let her eyes linger over the contents of that sent, opened paper.

The title read "This weeks top picks!" in bold italics. Coming down, was a poem marked with a small star, above the first line of it, which read

"Her eyes shone, contrasting to what her lips held, inevitably, moving along.
Alone, was she, sitting there, though a bunch surrounded her.
Her varied thoughts, her wild imaginations and her high aspirations, couldn't match with anyone around, yet she wouldn't step down.
Her perception, she calls it and that's what makes her stand out, though she never liked the spotlight.

So in a burrow she hid and in a burrow was her life content.
- Ed"

Her eyes grew wider, with every line she read, her conscious agreeing to each one of it. Panicked, she was, her secrets so out in the open, yet entirely concealed at the same time.

'How could they?' was her only thought. Not out of dismay, rather surprise.

Curious, she became, of this person, a gal or a lad, nevertheless she decided she would write back and she did, on that same sticky note, with her evened out letters. "You are"

Two words, she had written, yet her mind had contemplated it for nearly a 20 times. And then the punctuation at the end, still was a mystery to her.

'Is it gonna be a period or an exclamation?'

Indecisive, she went with nothing. 'Enough!' she told herself, shaking her head out of that pointless discussion.

With the remaining glue behind that sticky note, she attached it to the table, rubbing over it, a several times, scared, it might fall off and the message goes unreached, though it hardly was a sentence.

Anxious and excited, she drank her hot chocolate, in silence, slurping onto each sip of it in a haste, burning her tongue in the process.

Her cup was empty quicker than her usual timing. With a tissue she dabbed her lips, softly, wiping away the liquid stains.

Pushing the chair back she stood up,taking her bag by the shoulder, in a rush to go from there, both afraid and elated, for the same reason.

'The person might show up!'

Taking one last glance at the table and that sticky note, which was flowing along with the air in the cafe, her hands clasped onto that newspaper, bringing it close to her chest, innately, her lips smiled, an interpretable one though.

And with that, she stepped out of that exhilarating cafe, breathing deep, only to smile wider.

She wanted to look back at her table, but she never did that, not even when her parents were leaving, yet a peek wouldn't hurt this time, she thought, but she didn't.

Not that she couldn't, rather didn't want her surprise, to end as quick as it came.

So, though her steps halted outside, she walked away, into that point ahead, her head never turning around.

____________________________________

Do vote, comment and save if you liked it❤️