Realizations | Chapter Seven

YOUR POV:

"This job is seriously social suicide." I grumble taking my seat in the break room.

"Tell me about it." Steve laughs

"If I wasn't cool before, I'm completely lame now." I sigh.

"It's a major wake up call man. Like no girls are even into me anymore." Steve complained, switching places with Robin and taking her place at the front counter.

"I don't think the jobs the issue." Robin laughed sitting down next to me, I couldn't help but notice the way her nose crinkled when she laughed and her very prominent freckles or the way the light shines on her hair

"Hello? Earth to Y/N, geez you space out a lot." She laughed, I felt my face heat up.

"Sorry, sorry just thinking." I responded trying to play off my obvious embarrassment.

"I asked if you wanted to go to the movies with me after work."

"Oh, yeah totally!" I said excitedly.

"Sick."

"Can I come?" Steve asked from the counter.

"Yeah sure." Robin responded, brushing him off slightly.

I felt a bit of disappointment settle over me, I sorta was hoping it would just be me and Robin together.

Jesus Christ why do I care so much, it's not like I have a crush on her, I'm a girl, she's a girl...

I paused for a minute looking over to Robin who was writing in her notebook, it looked to be a mix of a few different languages, she had been telling me she could speak a few.

Could I have a crush on her? Is that allowed?

I started to panic, I had never really thought about it before.

Have I ever really liked a guy? No. Holy shit am I gay.

"Oh my god." I murmured not aware I had thought aloud.

"What?" Robin asked looking up from her notebook.

"Nothing I just, I need to use the bathroom." I forced a smile standing up suddenly, sprinting to the bathroom.

"What's gotten into her." Heard Steve question as I slammed the small employee bathroom door shut, a bit dramatic on my part.

It made so much sense, growing up I'd never actually had crushes on guys. At sleepovers with friends the topic of crushes would come up often. Girls would name boys in our grade, blush and giggle, but when they asked me I'd be too busy staring at one of the girls to notice.

God how stupid am I?

I wondered, sitting on the closed toilet.

How have I not come to this conclusion sooner?

My constant need to impress Robin, to make her laugh, to see her smile. How giddy I get when she gives me a hug or even just brushes past me in our tight working quarters.

I was knocked out of my thoughts when a soft knock came from the door.

"You okay in there?" Robin questioned sounding genuinely concerned

"Oh just peachy." I responded, flushing the toilet for full effect.

"Cool cool, just checking on you."

"I appreciate it, but I'm fine I'll be out in a second."

I turned on the sink and splashed some water on my face

"Get together, you're gonna leave this bathroom and function like a totally normal human being." I mumbled to my reflection in the mirror.

"A totally normal human being who has a huge gay crush in her co worker." I sighed, hanging my head in defeat. Who was I kidding? I was never too good at acting normal.

But I digress. I take a deep breath, put my hair back in place, and dry my face. I open the door and walk out. Nothing has changed. Robin is still in her chair, Steve is still scooping ice cream, and the earth is still turning.

Im fine.

But then Robin smiled at me, and the world crumbles all over again.

———————————————————————————

A/N: So sorry this chapter is so short! I just wanted to put this out, and I promise we will be getting to the good stuff soon ;)