Chapter 3

New day, new beginnings is my way of the world.

And it seems that young Miss Bishop has also taken my way of life and adapted it to herself. You see not only is she not in the library today obsessing about the Book of Life or her paper but she has decided to spend this new day with a Mr Matthew Clairmont.

Oh how lovely it is to see two people, no, creatures spend the day together not as witch and vampire but as two people enjoying the day together.

I makes me smile slightly at the thought.

I stood in the archway that lead to the Oxford housing and closed my eyes, taking a deep breath as the sun hit my face, as I leant on my umbrella that apparently I no longer needed, just enjoying the peace, well while it lasted of course.

I believe however it's time to introduce myself, well not to everyone I should at least meet one or two people first before Miss Bishop and Mr Clairmont return from their little adventure. I smirked slightly before opening my eyes and straightening up and heading out into the streets of Oxford.

How lovely it is to meet new people and to see old friends.

****

(With Matthew and Diana - Diana's point of view)

We had finally arrived at Matthew's home and it is unbelievable just looking at it from the window of the car, it is beyond what I thought he would own.

I opened the car door and before long we were both walking in step with each other towards the front door. Soon enough Matthew had opened the door and motioned for me to go in first and I smiled in return to his gesture.

"I spend most of my time at All Souls, but I come back here... very occasionally," Matthew said as we entered and he closed the door behind us.

My eyes widened as he opened the curtains to the room it is beautiful. Furniture that is hundreds of years old preserved and kept in tact stood all over the room, the ceilings patterned design looked as if it was carved only yesterday, I stood in complete awe of this house and it is only the first of many other rooms.

"This whole place, it's like a time capsule," I said softly looking around the room.

"Mm. Can't stay in the same place for too long. Humans tend to get suspicious. So, I closed it up and left. But I've dropped by over the years. Updated the plumbing. Even the electricity," Matthew commented as he walked towards the hallway, but my attention was on the wall in which a painting of a woman sat upon the wall, elegantly painted and preserved.

"Who's she?"

"My sister Louisa," he replied before walking towards a corridor on the left and I quickly looked once more at the painting of his sister before walking after him.

"Did you have to change your name?" I asked curiously.

"I always keep my Christian name. Otherwise, yes," he replied as I wandered around him to the staircase with which underneath housed what looked like hundreds of books all of different ages and I had the most unimaginable urge to grab everyone of them and start to read.

"What is your real name?" I asked.

"De Clermont."

I turned towards him as he stopped on the staircase and smiled quiet surprised.

"You're French?"

"Don't you ask a lot of questions," Matthew replied with a small smirk spread across his face.

I chuckled slightly, before returning to looking around the house.

"Yeah. It's the historian in me."

"I took my mother's name when she sired me," Matthew added as we started up the stairs slowly.