Chapter Thirteen: Reheat

Flashback - 7 Years Ago 

*Reference - Chapter Six: Boiling Point*

"Oh cheer up you grumpy murderous loonie" Ann begins to laugh, as she theatrically scoops up pasta and eats it. "You're not a bad cook." She decides to let slip a complement, at least no one could argue she didn't try.

"I know" She's greeted with his sassy reply.

"Modest too, maybe Y/N was right, maybe we can get on." She winks playfully, drinking her wine. Keeping you locked away in her head, she could hear you telling her to be nice.  

"I would have preferred her here. . ." Steve grunts. He's looking Ann, the spitting image of Y/N, well obviously, but there's something about her eyes, way she smiles that almost changes her face a little. Just enough. He liked Ann, but he loved Y/N and he knew she was in there somewhere. 

"No no, this is just me and you time, time to bond for her sake." Ann says diplomatically "plus, I want to talk tactics, and so probably best she's not aware of that." Ann thinks of her plan as she drains her wine glass. Now you began to protest, ask for control back, but she kept hold on to your mind, ignoring you screaming to let her take control. It's how it worked, sometimes you'd 'theoretically' sit in your mind together, 'at the table', other times you'd lock each other away, but Ann was so much better at getting herself out, after all, she'd created herself hadn't sh?

"Tatics?" Steve asks intrigued.

"Yes, you're so clean and organised. . . I'm more. . . " Her outward thoughts are interrupted.

"Of a mess?" Steve prompts, getting a laugh he hadn't expected out of Ann.

"Passionate, if you don't mind." She corrects playfully.

"Passionate it is then . . ." Steve sipped his wine too "so what do you wanna know?"

"How much did that little, operating room downstairs cost you?. . . Oh don't look so shock. . . there are no secrets between us. . ." Ann gives a sickly sweet smile, her hand reaching out for Steves. Steve is a little hesitant and moves it away, Ann pouts before pulling it back and putting it under her chin. Trying not to roll her eyes as you tell her to back off your man. "You're very precise, I'm more chop and hack you see, so I'm just curious. . .more wine?" Ann hold up her empty glass.

"Sure. . ." Steve said slowly standing and walking back to the counter with his and Ann's glasses. He turns his back to pour the wine as he begins talking about the routine and the construction of his operating theatre. While Ann, slides her hand out of the cuffs, biting down on her napkin as she squeezes her delicate hands out of the tiny cuff, each bone in her hand resisting and resting until eventually they begin to give way, snapping and breaking one by one as she slowly, takes her hand out of the restraint, her hand floppy, shards of bone sticking out around her knuckles.

"FUCK!!!" she finally screams as she drops the napkin out of her mouth both of you feeling the pain. . . "Mother of FUCK!" neither of you are sure which one of you it is shouting that last curse but either way, you let Ann take the pain she'd caused, she was much more adapt to pain. 

"WHAT THE HELL??" Steve sees the sate of Ann's hand as she stands, the cuff dropping from the floor.

"I'm off and I'm taking Y/N with me . . ." Ann leaps across the room, grabbing a knife with her good hand, and ignoring the pleas from you to stop it, that she wouldn't be locked away again. No. Too right, and she'd made sure to destroy the last of the tablets that kept her locked away in your brain. Steve doing the same and grabbing a knife. . . they both almost dance around the island in the kitchen.