midsummers shopping

a few days after hurricane agatha...

avery wakes up to the sound of rumbling around in the kitchen, she stayed the night at john b's place with jj. since jj normally had a girl around avery never really shared the guest room with jj, however it was normal for the two to share a bed. nightmares, breakdowns or just company. "what the fuck are you guys doing" avery groans grabbing her phone. "its 9 fucking 30!" she exclaims rubbing her eyes to see what her two brothers are up to. she sees them drinking beer and looking for food. "no food huh" avery says getting up. "no" they both say shaking their heads. "come on" avery says getting the keys to the twinkie and grabbing her stuff. "you staying with ward tonight?" jj asks. "no i'll stay here again i'm just going shopping with rafe and sarah for midsummers, vomit" avery replied. "why are you going to midsummers anyways" john b asks. "i have to go every year, its nothing new plus dad is getting crowned for something i'm not really sure what though" she says opening the door to the front seat. avery looks at jj who obviously cringes at her calling ward her dad, the truth was avery thought of him as her dad, she knew it hurt jj, she would talk to him later about it though. "wait where are we going" the boys say. "food shopping on me" john b groans. "hey jb you know i live here to and i want to do this for you i work to, its not a charity case its called feeding myself" avery scolds. "yes boss". 

incoming call from sar ❤️

"jj can you answer that and put it on speaker please" avery asks. he picks up the phone and puts it on speaker. jj liked sarah, she was alright she had her moments but she made avery happy. jj also appreciated how open avery was with her cameron siblings, always putting them on speaker or getting jj to read texts, little things counted. 

"hey sar, whats up?"

"when you coming here to go shopping?"

"i'm just grocery shopping with j and jb"

"hey sarah" they both say

"hey boys, ok come over straight after please, rafe is being impatient"

"hurry up avery" rafe jokingly yells through the phone

"ok! ok! bye love you sarah"

"love you more, bye boys"

"bye sarah"

the three do their food shopping and jb drops her off at the camerons. "ok bye guys, please put the shopping away nicely at least" avery pleads. "yeah yeah". "i love you both, i'll text you when i'm coming home" avery says. "love you more aves" jj says. "love you, stay safe" jb smiles. avery runs into their big backyard running into the house. "finally" sarah laughs. "give me five minutes to brush my teeth and get into some suitable clothing" avery runs up the stairs. 5 minutes later, as promised avery is ready. "lets go!" rafe says. they take sarahs car since she wanted to drive. "shotgun" avery yells "haha get fucked rafe" avery flips him off. "i'll get you next time" rafe laughs. they sing songs on their way to the mainland, rafe kind of just sits their but joins in sometimes. "who is everyone going with to midsummers?" sarah asks. "idk" avery and rafe both mumble. "i assume you're going with topper" avery sings wiggling her brows. "yeah yeah" sarah rolls her eyes. "what about you aves, any boys you wanna ask" sarah asks. "um, no, i did ask jj but he said he had to work" avery says. rafe rolls his eyes. "rafe!" avery yells. "what?". "we have talked about this, please respect the fact that jj is my brother, i love him, he is my family. this whole family situation is already hard enough for me. please don't make it harder" avery says looking into rafe's eyes. rafe loved avery and was thankful for her love and support so he tried his best, but sometimes avery still called him out. "ok i'm sorry avery" rafe whispers reaching for her hand and giving it a squeeze. "hey heres an idea, what about you two go together" sarah says. "sounds good to me" rafe says. "ok, deal" avery laughs. 

"oooo what about this sarah" avery suggests. rafe had gone off to another shop because this was just a dress shop. "omg i actually like it!" sarah squeals. "go try it on!" avery exclaims. it was a beautiful long white dress, off the shoulder and would suit her perfectly. "sarah holy shit" avery shouts. "you look amazing" she says taking pictures of the dress. "i'm obsessed! ok i'm getting it!" sarah squeals. 

incoming call from rafey 

"i'm done, i got a light blue suit. think you could find something that matches" rafe asks. 

"i think i have just the dress, i'll meet you at the car" avery replies. 

"shot gun! haha gotcha bitch" rafe shouts. 

"that was good. i accept defeat" avery hangs up. 

the dress she eyed earlier was stunning. she tried it on and it was gorgeous! she was in love. 

sarah squeals at the sight of her sister

sarah squeals at the sight of her sister. "you have to get it omg" sarah convinces. "ok you've sold me" avery sarcastically says. 

shopping was successful