Chapter sixty-three

"Your scent, shit, it's so heady

"Your scent, shit, it's so heady." Louis panted in his neck, the alpha's teeth nipping at his bondmark spot, pulling at the skin with his teeth. Louis' knot tugged at his already spent rim when he went to shift on the alpha's lap, his mouth falling open at the ache in his lower back. "Louis, you stupid fucker, it hurts." He didn't hold back the whine of pain that fell from his lips, his face squished against Louis' sweaty shoulder.

He could tell it took Louis a minute to process his words, but the alpha's much-belated response to his words did nothing but augment the budding ache that he was already starting to feel with each tiny movement of even his hips. "Fucking hell," Louis' voice was raspier like it always was after they had sex, and under any other circumstances, Harry would have probably offered the man a blowjob but of course, Louis' knot still hadn't gone down. "What hurts? Are you okay? Is it the bab—"

"No." He all but growled at the alpha in the muted lights of the candles he had lit for the sake of textbook romance, his hands gripping one of Louis' forearms as he tried to get in a better position; a position where the head of Louis' knot wasn't fucking stroking his prostate. It only resulted in pain he hadn't bargained for, a tear rolling down his cheek at the twinge of irritation that originated at the base of his spine.

"Sit still, you're only hurting yourself." The cold touch of Louis' hands on his hips mollified him a little, whether it be the tight grip Louis had on his hips or the spine-shivering cold touch of his hands, the ache in his back blurred as the alpha started rubbing tiny circles on his hip bones with the pad of his thumb. Harry could feel each callous of his palm, his heart stuttering in his chest as Louis latched himself onto his scent gland again.

"Were so good for me, weren't you, angel?" He frowned. Louis only called him an angel either when he was in heat or when he started acting clingy after sex.  Was he not an angel the rest of the time? "No need to cry, hm? We'll put an ice pack over it once my knot goes down, yeah? How does that sound?"

He felt each moment of Louis' fingers as they slid their way into his hair, releasing his hair from the bun Harry had tied loosely earlier in the night. The hair-tie fell on his thigh, the ends of his hair were tickling the behind of his ear excruciatingly, and for some inexplicable reason, his senses were higher than they ever had been. He could perceive each trace of Louis' hands on his body, could feel the heat emanating from his body that only seemed to proliferate with the varsity jacket Louis had made him shrug on. His thighs burned in the aftermath of the actual exercise he had done tonight (somehow) after years of inactivity, and god, he had this irrefutable urge to eat cheesecake.

The one that had a hefty amount of blueberry compote on top of it. "Lou?" He heard the way Louis hummed in response, still carding his fingers through his sweaty curls. "Cheesecake?"

Louis sighed, "right now?"

He nodded, almost instantly, disregarding the annoyance sewn in Louis' voice. "The one with loads of blueberry compote." Louis' barely mumbled 'of course' didn't go unheard by him, but he was too tired to retaliate. He could already feel his eyes drooping, exhaustion weighing him down until he gave in and let himself nuzzle his face right against the alpha's scent gland. Just as he had expected, the scent of pine trees and lilies was thick there, too potent. It made him want to drench himself in the scent until he smelt completely like Louis. Perhaps, no other omega would then have the gall to openly flirt with Louis in front of him after that (as Vanessa had done, it had made him want to pluck each of her eyelashes tantalizingly and agonizingly). They would know then that he was Louis' omega. That he was carrying Louis' pup. No one else; especially not them.