7. Quidditch Match

"Are they actually going to play out in this weather?" I asked, looking out the window that showed a big storm.

"Yeah, I mean, we played in worst. One time Harry even fell off his broom during a storm." Daphne stated, unbothered by the weather as she fixed her bed.

"That was hilarious." Pansy chuckled as I looked at her with concern.

We arrived in the common room, welcomed by Pucey's motivational speech to the rest of the team. A clap of thunder roared outside, and I jumped. 

"Scared of a little thunder, Bardot?" Malfoy grinned from behind me, shoving me on the shoulder and joining the group. I rolled my eyes at his comment.

The team went outside chanting our house along the corridors. They looked so ridiculous. I made myself comfortable on the couch, relieved I had a couple of hours alone in the common room with no one to annoy me.

"Are you not coming, Audrey?" Daphne asked before following them. 

"I don't know the rules, and I don't fly. What's the point?" I announced. 

"Oh, come on!" She pulled my arm. "For the sake of the house."

"Alright, fine. But if it's boring, I'm leaving." I grunted.

"It's never boring." She grinned as we both headed to the quidditch grounds.

~~~~~~~~~~

One hour into the match, the Slytherins were losing 60-70 to Gryffindor. I still didn't understand anything, even though Theo explained the rules three times. 

"Captain Angelina Johnson's time-out request has been accepted. Stay tuned to see if the Slytherins will figure out a technique to crush Gryffindor's head points; we'll be back in 10 minutes!" A second year shouted through the microphone. 

"That's my cue." I smiled. 

"No, Audrey, please, stay. We never know!" Daphne pleaded. I pouted my face for her to let me leave. "Okay, fine. But you owe me." Theo didn't even notice as he was writing in his journals about the bets he had and whether he was going to win anything.

"Sure, sure. Love you." I thanked her before leaving. Finally, I could relax. Maybe one day I'll like quidditch, but today was definitely not the day with this horrible storm. I finally reached the bottom of the quidditch grounds and saw it was raining even harder.

"Putain. Et evidemment j'ai oublié ma baguette. (Fuck. And obviously, I forgot my wand.)." I mumbled to myself as I was going to use it as an umbrella. 

"I forget you're French sometimes." Cedric chuckled from behind me as I turned around. 

"Cedric. What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I saw you leaving. I thought you were upset." He admitted as he came closer to me. "Why are you leaving?" 

"I don't understand the rules and can't even fly, so... yeah..." I said as he came to a stop in front of me. We stood there without talking. My heart started beating faster. His grey eyes sparkled in the rain. He looked down at my lips before finally landing a kiss on me. He grabbed my cheeks and pulled me even closer to him. With the humidity and the rain combined, I melted in his arms. 

He pulled away from the kiss to look me in the eyes. "You can use my wand so you have an excuse to find me later." He smiled at me, lending me his wand. I stood there still in shock, not knowing what to say. "I'll see you later." He winked as he walked backwards before turning around to return to the game. 

I didn't know what to say. I was so happy. I looked down at my hands to find Cedric's wand. He really did have to trust me for lending me his wand. I smiled before using the wand as an umbrella. I made my way towards the common room to think about everything that's happened. Everything went so fast.

I installed myself on the couch near the fireplace after deposing Cedric's wand under my pillow for no one to find it as I started reading Marie-Antoinette but couldn't help smiling when I thought about Cedric and I's kiss.

Suddenly, Malfoy came rushing into the common room. I stood up in surprise.

"Fucking idiots! I'm telling you!" He exclaimed angrily. 

"Why would you do that to Harry? Are you crazy?" Blaise argued behind him. 

"What happened to Harry?" I mumbled to Theo while he threw himself on the couch, obviously tired from the storm as I predicted.

"Malfoy pushed him off his broom. He fell hard on the floor. I think he may have a broken leg, but it's not sure y-" He explained. 

"Where is he?" I cut him off with a rush. 

"Hospital Wing." He informed me before I stormed out of the common room and rushed to Madam Pomfrey's.

"Harry!" I exclaimed, rushing to his bed. 

"He's sleeping," Hermione told me. 

"Is he going to be okay?" I exhaled, exhausted from my run. 

"Pomfrey said he'll be alright. He met worst." Ron half smiled. "Malfoy was mental; he hit him like really hard." 

"Ce connard. (This asshole)" I snapped.

"Don't know what you said. But yeah, he needs to sort out his anger issues." Ron supposed. 

"Let me know when he's awake, will you?" I asked both of them before going back to the common room. 

Once I opened the door to the common room, I searched for Malfoy's head. Once I found him, I flounced in his direction. 

"Malfoy, you fucking asshole. You could've killed him." I lashed out. 

"Audrey, don't." Theo grabbed my hand, but I liberated myself.

"You're fucking crazy!" I continued, stopping in front of him with my hands clutched from the anger surfacing. 

"He deserved it!" Malfoy hurled. "He made us lose!"

"Oh my god, you are so full of yourself you can't even admit you were losing anyway," I called out. 

"Shut the fuck up. You don't even know the rules." He jolted out.

"I know enough to know you were bad. And you were jealous Harry found the stitch or whatever it's called before you." I glared at him. 

"Jealous? Me? You've got to be kidding me." Malfoy let out.

"No. I'm not. You're a fucking idiot." I blurted out before leaving the common room. 

I took a deep breath to calm myself. How could he be such an annoying bitch?

"Hey..." Daphne joined me, "Are you feeling better?" I nodded and started laughing. "Why are you laughing?" She furrowed her eyebrows. 

"That felt good," I admitted. "Did you see the look on his face?" I started laughing, "He was so scared for his life when I started screaming at him." I laughed even harder, and Daphne joined in. 

After calming ourselves, Daphne asked me, "How's Harry?" 

"I don't know yet. He's sleeping," I informed.

"I'm sure he'll be fine. He's Harry. Nothing can hurt Potter." She reassured me before I agreed with her. "Are you ready to go back in?" I nodded. 

I ignored Mafloy's glare when we entered the room again. I installed myself next to the fireplace as he headed to his room.