8. Cedric's wand

The following day, I woke up to get to my Herbology class. I was never fascinated by plants as much as Neville was, but my mother always wanted me to assist with the courses as she thought it was apparently crucial for the future. 

I got out of bed and remembered I still had Cedric's wand under the pillow. 'Shit.' I thought to myself, knowing he couldn't assist classes without a wand. I got ready, took both Cedric's wand and mine, and made my way to the Great Hall, thinking I'd give it to him there. 

"Audrey, there you are," Daphne said next to the rest of the group. "First time I don't wake you up to get to class. I'm proud." She joked as I nodded proudly. 

"Why do you have two wands?" Theo noticed, looking down at my hands. 

"Oh... um." I stuttered. I didn't want them all to know something was happening between Cedric and me. "I... One's not mine." I sighed as I couldn't think of an excuse. 

"Whose is it? Did you steal it?" Theo asked, raising his brows.

"None of your business," I said jokingly, nudging him playfully in the shoulder.

"Audrey. Are you not telling us something?" Daphne asked as my cheeks turned pink. "Oh, my god. What are you hiding?" She asked, trying to figure something out by looking at me, but I turned my head away. "It's a boy's, isn't it?" She exclaimed. "Oh, my god. Audrey! You got yourself a man! A real one!" 

"Who?" Malfoy asked sharply. 

"Definitely none of your business," I replied. "I'll tell you later," I whispered to Daphne as we entered the hall. "I'll be right back."

"Take your time." Daphne sang, which made me blush even more. 

"Hey guys," I said as I joined the Hufflepuff table. Cedric and I made eye contact as he smiled at me. "Here, I got your wand, Cedric." I lent his wand back to him. Hannah looked at us suspiciously, meaning he hadn't told anyone about our kiss yet, thankfully. 

Of course, I liked Cedric; he was the sweetest. But I still felt weird about the kiss. Don't get me wrong, it was exciting, but somehow... it felt... wrong. 

"Thanks. Do you want to join us?" He proposed. 

"Oh, I probably shouldn't. Snape is already glaring at me. I don't want to start the week with detention." I chuckled. 

"Bloody idiot." Owen sighed. "Well, we'll see you later then." He continued as I nodded. Before I went back to Slytherin's table, I noticed Harry at the end of their table. 

"Harry!" I breathed,  relieved he was up. "I'm so glad you're awake. I'm so sorry for what happened. Malfoy's a bloody idiot for doing that to you." At the sight of it, Harry's right arm was broken.

"Audrey, you don't have to say you're sorry. It's not your fault, and believe me, my body's used to it by now." He explained. That was sad to hear. He must be so tired of this harassment. "Plus, this time is actually quite convenient: I can't write for four days, so no homework for me." He smiled foolishly, but Hermione looked disappointed. 

"Harry!" She exclaimed, nudging his left shoulder. "Was that truly your first thought when you opened your eyes to see your broken arm?" 

"I just wanted to dedramatize the situation." Harry smiled, trying to convince her, but it obviously didn't. I thought it was funny. He had this kind of personality that saw the glass half full.

"Alright. Well, I'm glad you have a smile on. I'll leave you with it then." I said and went back to my fellow Slytherins. 

"Sooo?" Daphne started, but I quickly hushed her.