War - Dead Legs

You are just looking at her, guarding her while she sleeps. The last few hours... or days, have been pretty tiresome for the two of you. More for her than you though.

She lost two of her people on one day. Aasim is dead and Mitch is probably gone as well. Not that you liked him.. at all, but he seemed like a good guy deep underneath.

Than, she got shot earlier in the woods. The raiders kept on pushing towards your position, so you decided that there was only one possibility. You took out two of them, fetched her and just kept running.

At some point, you couldn't keep going anymore, so you found shelter inside a house, that is belonging to a small ranch. There was nobody here, making it easy for you to get in.

You placed your weak companion on the couch and bandaged her wound as best as you could with an old cloth. Somebody at Ericson's should definitely have a look at it when you're back though. It might get infected after all.

Suddenly, the raven haired girl groans, before opening her eyes, the sharp pain piercing through her leg once again. Slightly panicking, she looks around, until her eyes find your calm gaze.

Worried, you immediately stand up from an armchair and get closer to her, making sure that she doesn't move a lot. After all, she has lost a lot of blood so far and isn't in a condition to move.. at all.

Y/N: Hey, hey, take it easy...

She glances over to you, before looking through the house. The first thing that she notices is.. She is alive and safe. Not captured, nor dead and not even undead... Alive and safe. She is slightly dumbfounded by that.

Clem: ..Y/N.

You smile at her, before sitting back down onto the armchair.

Y/N: You don't have to say anything.

There's a moment of silence as she inspects her wound. She assumes that she will be barely able to walk, if at all. The raven haired girl briefly touches the cloth, causing her to hiss and pull away in pain.

Y/N: Best you don't touch it. Wait a few days until it heals a bit.

She doesn't answer, simply slumping down in the couch.

Y/N: What do you want us to do?

You simply want to break the silence, slightly agitated by it due to the fear that Clementine's condition is more serious than you thought. And with two less people and an injured leader, getting back home to get her checked up will be a hard task.

Clem: Well, we need to inform the school as fast as possible.

You nod, that being an obvious statement. How, is the question though.

Y/N: Yeah.

The amber eyed girl pulls out a small, folded piece of paper and tosses it to you. Before it falls to the ground, you catch it and spread it open.

It's a map of the area. Well, at least the area close to Ericson's.

Clem: Next morning, leave me here and follow the map south. Talk to Marlon and tell him to inform the coalition. They'll send people here to get me and search for Mitch.

You look up at her, surprised and stunned by her plan. As if you'd just leave her here all alone. If she weren't injured, that wouldn't be a problem, yeah. But, her leg won't be doing her any favors.

Y/N: I won't just leave you here, Clem. You're injured.

She tries to change your mind.

Clem: It'll only be for half a day.