I don't get paid enough to care

Thanks for trusting the description, I promise it's actually good.

Bonnie gets introduced next chapter.

Pitch was woken up an hour before his alarm went off. He almost hit 'decline call,' thinking it was the snooze button on his alarm, but hesitated upon recognizing his manager's ringtone.

"Hello?"

"Big problems kid."

"Oh? Isn't Frank supposed to be fixing them?"

Pitch worked as the maintenance guy for everything and anything robotic or mechanical at the Mega Pizzaplex. It wasn't the best job in the world, but it gave him hours that lined up with his college courses. Of course, that meant working from twelve am to six am every weekday.

"He called in sick, and I had to send everyone home today. Every animatronic is busted. I have no idea what happened, and when I tried to reboot them, they either fizzled out or didn't have any memory logs from the weekend!"

Panic was evident in Pitch's manager's voice. Pitch was wide awake now, sitting up in bed, knocking comp sci paperwork off of his bed by accident.

"So the Pizzaplex is closed?"

"The owners only agreed to a week, and Frank is out, which means you're our only guy."

"When do I have to have them fixed by?" Pitch was pulling on a pair of jeans and rifling through his somewhat clean laundry for a t-shirt. The nice thing about not working day shift was no uniform requirements. His manager rambled on, ignoring his question.

"We got most of them back running, but Chica doesn't have a beak or a voice box, Roxy's eyes are missing, and Monty is basically scrap parts. The CPU's are all intact, thank God, and Sunny won't let anyone into the daycare!"

"Tom. When do you need them fixed?"

"You have a week to get them all back in order. No one else is gonna be there until next Monday, so there shouldn't be any interruptions. I can't cover overtime if you stay past your six hours, so I'm just begging you to get them all working again as fast as you can."

"Is it just the five of them?"

"No, the S.T.A.F.F bots are on the fritz too. None of the cameras caught anything, and Vanessa says she didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I have no idea what happened."

"Okay, I'll be there at eleven." Going in early wouldn't hurt.

"I'll add stuff to your checklist. Just make sure everything is finished before the week is over."

"Wait, this is on top of my normal work?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry kid."

God I wish I made overtime.

Pitch thanked his manager and said goodbye, wandering around his apartment for his work supplies. He loaded his bag up with the usual diagnostic equipment and some extra tools he thought he might want.

Monty is scrap parts, huh? He'll be fun to rebuild, he thought sarcastically.

He wondered if he would have time to work on his little pet project at all this week. Pitch would have to boot the guy up to give him updates on dates at the very least. He was glad to have found something to do while he waited for his shift to end instead of sitting with his thumb up his ass in the break room for two hours.

Pitch sighed as he dropped himself heavily into his beater car, an old 74 Chevy Nova. He couldn't say he hated the job, but it certainly wasn't what he wanted to do for the rest of his life.