"Anything for my favourite coworker!"

Pitch checked the peep hole in the staff entrance. For such a high tech building he assumed there would be a better door security system. It was a family of four. Against his better judgement, he opened the door. 

“Your front door was locked,” the woman said, trying to push past Pitch. He held out his arm to stop her. 

“We’re closed,” he said flatly. The woman glared at him. If looks could kill, he internally mused.

“Google says you’re open from six am to twelve pm everyday,” the man chimed in.

“Didn’t your mom ever tell you not to believe everything you read on the internet?” Pitch teased, leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed.

“You- you can’t speak to us like that!” the woman screeched.

“Incase you haven’t noticed, I’m not a customer service rep.” He underlined the title of Technician on his shirt. He picked a good day to finally wear his uniform. “In fact, I didn’t even have to open the door.”

“Manager, now.” 

“I’m the closest you’re gonna get right now. No one else is on shift,” Pitch said, shrugging. 

“It’s two o’clock on a Wednesday!” the woman said.

“We’re. Closed.” Pitch leaned forward with each word for emphasis. 

“Why?” one of the kids asked. The older of the two, it seemed. 

“Hush,” the mother said.

“The animatronics got into a bit of an accident,” he explained. “I’m working overtime to get them fixed up.”

“Well we drove for four hours to get here, so the least you could do-”

“Woah, woah, lady.” Pitch held his hand up. “I don’t have to do anything except my job.” 

“You’re incredibly rude-”

“Oh, and you’re Mother Teresa?”

“Hey there, Superstar,” Freddy smiled as he approached them. He placed a heavy hand on Pitch’s head and ruffled his hair. Pitch would never admit it outloud, but he loved it when Freddy did that. “What seems to be the problem?”

“He doesn’t look damaged at all!” the woman cried. “Neither does the green one!” Pitch whipped his head around. Monty was standing behind him with his arms crossed, a glare on his features. Pitch hadn’t even heard Monty approach, though he hadn’t been far, so it wasn’t surprising that he was there too.

“You wanna see a busted animatronic? Freddy, go get Chica.” Pitch didn’t take his eyes off of the family. 

“It is not in the children’s best interest to show her to them in her state, I have to decline.” Pitch understood Freddy’s reasoning, but that didn’t make him any happier about the situation. “Perhaps there is something we can do to satisfy the customers?”

“Pitch hasn’t knocked the lady out yet, that should be satisfactory enough,” Monty finally spoke. Pitch was thankful that Monty was defending him.

“Freddy, can I have a high five?” the younger child asked. Freddy leaned forward, awkwardly, Pitch noted, and high fived both children.

“Why don’t we take some pictures with them, it is the least we can do while currently closed for maintenance,” Freddy suggested. Pitch rolled his eyes. The kids jumped excitedly while the woman crossed her arms in displeasure. The man looked tired and indifferent to the whole situation. Pitch had enough experience witnessing an unhappy marriage to know one when he saw it.