I'm Back! And Gone Again

Back to present time
Gilly's POV

"... Gillian Cobbler?!" Alva screeches.

The wig on the ground next to me is lying there. It's useless now and everyone knows it's me, but I don't really care.

I give a crooked grin to the people around me before taking the colored contacts out of my eyes.

"That's my name!" I say, landing a punch on one of the guards that have just arrived.

"But-but-but... you're dead!" Kayla stammers.

"I am? I don't feel dead. I might be though. Maybe we all are. Maybe none of us ever existed in the first place." I suggest, kicking the nearest guard.

"What? I don't understand..." Maxine says.

"You don't have to. It would be nice to have a little help with this though." I point out, ducking under a sword.

"Thief...?" Jax whispers.

I look over at him and offer a sad, apologetic smile.

"Hi. Yeah, sorry for worrying you. I had to get out of here. Well, Gilly did. Heather was fine. I'm really so sorry Jax. I wish I didn't have to leave. I'll explain later. Promise." I tell him, pushing a shield out of my face and jumping over another guard.

One guard sneaks up behind Jax, but I quickly throw a nearby trash bin at them, telling Jax to duck, and when he does the bin hits the guard on the head, causing them to loose consciousness.

My friends just stare at me while I fight off the guards, punch after punch and kick after kick.

-time skip-

I finally land the final punch and the last guard falls to the ground, unconscious.

"All right. Alva, do you give up?" I ask, wiping my hands on my pants. I'm sweating so much.

"Never!" Alva screams, turning into a giant dragon-like creature. I yawn. I can't help myself, it's fun to make people angry.

"Not scary enough for you little girl?" Alva asks me, swishing her tail back and forth.

I shrug. I'm mostly used to stuff like this by now. Just the other day I had to face a 50 foot troll from a different dimension.

"Well, I think it's time for the final blow then." Alva roars.

I look at Alva for a moment. What did she mean my 'final blow'.

"Look lady, I don't have time for this. I barely had enough time for me to be here. I need to get back to the Main Dimension. I have stuff I need to do and people I need to fight." I say.

"Oh, you'll have time for this, plenty of time. All the time in the world." Alva tells me.

My friends start to block me from Alva. What on Earth do they think they're doing?!

"Guys, I can handle this. Go hide. I can do this on my own." I instruct.

"Thinking that is what got you in this mess in the first place. Let them help. If anything happens to them, I can save them. I have the magic." A new voice behind me says.

"Kit, I can't let anyone get hurt because of me. Not again. Now hide!" I yell.

The voice is a girl. I know this girl well so I don't have to turn around. I've seen her everyday for over 3 months.

I'm not surprised when a girl jumps on the dragon that is Alva.

The girl is just like I remember her. Of course she is, I saw her just a few minutes ago.

Brown hair fading into midnight blue as it stops at the bottom of her shoulder blades. Her brown eyes are focused completely on her target. She has freckles dotting her nose and cheeks. She looks kind of like me, other that her height, she's a few inches taller than I am.

"Oh, you foolish girl. It's almost cute. Almost." Dragon Alva says.

"Are you a dragon?" I call up to her.

"No! I'm a-" Alva starts.

"No one cares meanie!" Kit yells, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Ugh! I don't have time for this!" Alva roars.

"That's what I've been saying!" I point out.

Alva roars again but this time I feel a powerful wave pass over me. Right after the wave I go completely numb.

I open my eyes and see a tunnel of ticking clocks. The sound of it all is deafening. I hear every word I've ever spoken all at once.

"Father...But...ANNA...Don't!" My voice booms around me.

I squeeze my eyes shut and cover my ears, trying to drown out the noise. When I open my eyes again I'm staring at a screen that holds moving pictures of my 'parents', except there's something different, they seem younger.

I see their lives flash by in reverse, starting with them meeting, then going back to when each of them were born.

"Let's have a little fun with the timeline. Shall we?" I hear Alva's voice echo all around me.

This can't be good.

Hi! Sorry it took so long but this ones the longest yet! Yay!