CHAPTER THREE, girls night

Winnie was currently leaning against the kitchen island that Ashley is sitting on while Brooke is standing by them. The girls were hanging out at Ashley's house since they all had free time to hang out. "Did I tell you guys that Tad started following me on Instagram?" Ashley excitedly asks, showing her Instagram followers to Winnie and Brooke to show that Tad is now one of them. 

Brooke smiles. "That's great." She cringes. "He also follows Oreos."

Ashley's smile fell and she lays her phone beside her. "I'm telling you, Ash. Tad's a heartbreaker." Brooke commented.

"She's right." Winnie agrees. "He has had many dates after his breakup."

"So, maybe instead of spending all night obsessing over him, why not come to a girl's night at my friend Madison's house?" Brooke suggests. She shares a smile with Winnie, looping her arm with the other blonde. "Winnie will be there too." 

"She's right once again." Winnie chuckled. She isn't that close of friends with Madison, but Madison invited her over and so she couldn't really say no. If she did say no she knew that Madison and her friends would find some way to make her regret it. She thinks Madison only invited her because she's friends with Brooke and honestly she's just glad that Madison even cared enough to include her. 

Ashley grimaces. "I don't know." She hops off the kitchen island. "I've never been to a girls night before. I don't know any of the rituals. I'm not part of the tribe."

Winnie raises her eyebrows. "It's a girls night. Not a cult."

"Yeah, we're not sacrificing anyone or anything like that." Brooke agrees. "We're just gonna hang out. Maybe do a hair mask."

Ashley smiles excitedly. "What's a hair mask?"

Brooke looks at her sympathetically. "The fact that you don't know is exactly why you need to come to girls night."

Winnie unloops her arm from Brooke's, shrugging before she crosses her arms. "I mean, I've done a hair mask before, and I still don't know what it is."

Ashley tilts her head to the side and nods. "Maybe I do need something else to think about." 

Brooke grins. "Perfect. You're gonna like my squad."

An excited expression forms on Ashley's face. "I get to be in a squad?" After Brooke nods, Ashley excitedly exclaims, "I am so into girls night! I can't believe I resisted for a second."

Her uncle, Victor, walks into the kitchen just after she said that. "Hey, tio," Ashley turns to face him with a smile. "Can I go to Madison's for a girls night?"

"Probably just gonna watch a movie." Brooke chimed in.

Victor smiles. "Chill movie with your girls?" He furrows his eyebrows, pointing at Ashley. "Wait. I'm a responsible guardian, so I gotta ask. There's no alcohol, right?"

"Only in the nail polish remover." Brooke replied and Winnie nodded in agreement.

Victor nods and shrugs. "As long as you don't drink that, my job as a parent figure here is done." He smiles and then reminds Ashley, "Keep your phone on so I can reach you."

"I promise." Ashley nodded.

"Okay." Victor claps his hands together. "Responsible," He points at the girls with a smile on his face. "Not controlling." He smirks, turning around to walk towards the door. "I'm killing it as a parent! Up top, Victor!" He raised his right hand up high and jumped to high five himself before he walked out the kitchen.

Winnie raises her eyebrows. "Did he seriously just high five himself?"

Nodding, Ashley presses her lips together. "He's lived alone for a long time."