CHAPTER TWO, be my yoda

Later that day Winnie walked into a restaurant called Pat's which was one where most teenagers hung out at. She was planning to hang out with her other best friend, Brooke. Brooke was someone who Winnie thought she would never be friends with. Brooke is an Instagram lifestyle, and a makeup guru while Winnie is a tomboy with a mix of girly girl. But the two hit it off and they always enjoyed hanging out with each other. 

The blonde smiled to herself upon seeing Ashley and Brooke sitting together at a table. Ashley and Brooke used to be best friends before Ashley moved away. It surprised Winnie that the two were s close despite being the complete opposite. "Hi, Winnie." Brooke smiled when she spot her friend walking over to her and Ashley.

"Hi, Brooke." Winnie greets, taking a seat between the two girls. She glances at Ashley with a smile. "Hi, Ashley. So, what are we talkin' about?"

"Oh, just how that Ashley has never been kissed." Brooke responded.

"Hey, I never been kissed either." Winnie shrugs. She looks at Ashley with a reassuring smile. "It's not that big of a deal." 

"Okay, but what is a big deal is the fact that she already has a crush on Tad Cameron!" Brooke shakes her head, looking at Ashley. "He's not the guy you should go after."

Winnie nods in agreement. "I agree with Brooke. Tad is someone who has on and off again relationships." She grimaces. "It's messy."

"Look, Ash, I wanna help you," Brooke sighs. "But you should set your eyes on more realistic lips."

Ashley tilts her head to the side. "What do you mean 'realistic'?"

"Hello, ladies." Stick greeted as he walks over to the table. He set a coffee in front of Winnie, causing the blonde to look at him with raised eyebrows. 

"This for me?" She asked him.

Stick smiles at her. "Yep. Thought you might want one."

A smile made its way to Winnie's face. "Did you get-"

"A coffee with cream and two sugars?" Stick raises his eyebrows at her and Winnie looks at him with a bit of surprise. She didn't expect him to memorize her order but the fact he did made her heart flutter. Stick smiles. "Yeah, I got your usual order."

Taking ahold of the coffee cup, Winnie's smile widens. "Thanks."

"No problem." Stick responded before he walked over to join the football boys that were there.

Brooke smiles. "That's realistic."

Winnie glances at her with furrowed eyebrows. "Stick?"

"Yeah." Brooke grins at Ashley. "I'm gonna start talking you up to him right now."

"Wait, no." Winnie had to admit she was relieved to hear Ashley say that. "I mean, thanks, but I'm gonna be too busy at work to kiss anyone."

"Okay," Brooke shrugs. "It works out I guess 'cause I'm pretty sure Stick likes someone else." Brooke knew that Stick's crush was on Winnie. It was obvious to everyone just not her. Winnie raised her eyebrows upon hearing this information. She didn't know Stick had a crush on someone. 

"But just so you know," Brooke says to Ashley. "There's no actual tongue shaking involved."

Winnie chuckles, looking at Ashley with an amused smile. "You seriously thought that happened?"

"Yeah." Ashley sheepishly smiles. She looks at Brooke with a thankful smile. "Noted." She then wrote down the note on a napkin in front of her, earning a small laugh from Winnie.

****

The next day Winnie and Brooke were hanging out at Pat's. She was sitting on the couch, scrolling through Instagram on her phone while Brooke got their coffee. They made a deal today where Winnie would pay for it and Brooke would go get it.