Into the Well

hidden in the grass

is a family of snakes

ambushing their meal

A stocky demon with rocks covering most of his body hastily burrowed through the ground. Eventually, he found an opening and came out into a small cave. Standing in wait for him was a brigade of zombie-like demons. The rock demon, panicking, yelled, "There's two Demon Slayers above ground!"

A demon with spikes asked, "So what? Minori can take them, right?"

The rock demon snapped, "They killed Minori!"

Gasps and groans echoed throughout the cavern. A demon with hairy arms yelled, "That's impossible! Father spent weeks strengthening her!"

"Well, that's what happened! They found her weak spot in less than ten minutes!"

The demon group started freaking out even more. One questioned, "If they're so strong, what could we possibly do?!"

The rock demon looked away before saying, "Buy time."

"W-what?"

"They may have killed Minori, but they were still just kids. They won't be able to survive the others. I'll create a trap to split them up." The demons nervously recollected themselves. "But I need all of you to serve as a distraction so I have time to set it up."

"But—"

"No buts!" The rock demon growled, "We need to kill them before they reach Father... or else."

A demon with bug arms nervously gulped before saying, "O-okay, we'll do it."

The bug demon was the first to go. The rest of them reluctantly followed after a minute. They ran down the long, narrow corridor to the exit. Meanwhile, the rock demon dove back into the dirt, yelling, "Everyone, listen up! We don't have much time! Two Demon Slayers are coming!"

~~~~~~~~~~

"Third Form: Blazing Universe!" Kyojuro leapt in the air before slashing downwards. The demon jumped back, but its arm still got cut off.

"Fourth Form: Frigid Assassin!" Y/N snuck up from behind and sliced the demon twice. The first cut off its legs to stop it from running and the second chopped off the head.

The two boys stood back-to-back, catching their breath. They managed to thin out the demon group after a long battle and only seven were left. Kyojuro asked, "Ready to go again?"

Y/N groaned, "Not really, but let's do it anyway!"

They split up and ran at the demons. Kyojuro dove under an attack from two of them. He spun around and yelled, "First Form: Unknowing Fire!" He sprinted at the two demons and slashed both of their heads off. But as soon as he landed, another demon charged at him.

Y/N countered a demon's kick by cutting through its leg. Then he said, "First Form: Ice Shard Slash." As soon as his blade was out of the leg, he swung it into the neck. He ducked just as three other demons charged at him.

Kyojuro blocked the demon's punches with his sword. This one was feisty. It shouted, "I'll kill you!" As it reeled back for a strong punch, Kyojuro dropped down and kicked its feet out from underneath. Then as the demon fell, he sliced its head off.

Y/N slid under the three demons. One tried to tackle him again, so Y/N jumped on the demon's head and bounced off it. As the other two tried to hit him, he yelled, "Fifth Form: Hailstorm!" He chopped up their arms before beheading them.