Who Is She?

Chapter 1

Life hadn't really treated Amira the kindest. She understood at some point that no matter her efforts, the world would never hear her side of the story. Maybe it was because she didn't trust them enough to even let them hear it, but why would she? Why should she waste her breathe when she could barely breathe on her own. She was suffocating and yet no one could see past her round rimmed glasses and fringed bangs. She seemed to be trapped in a constant world of numbness. So on the day she knew no one would care anymore if she was dead or alive, she chose to stop hurting once and for all. 

What she didn't imagine were to happen as she made her way to the bridge just a few blocks from her house was for a girl to be there. The bridge was the same one her mother used to hold her hand as they crossed it. Her fear of heights made her a bit more timid to the view it gave. But now with her mother no longer there, the view looked just a bit more dull. Oh and for her fear of heights, in a very angry moment two years ago she made herself not be vulnerable to anything. She thought that if she made herself strong, she might actually believe she wasn't weak. 

The girl stood by the the railing as tears followed her swollen eyes. The bridge she always passed by admiring the view now her only resort to peace.Though the view was a beauty, not many cars passed by and nobody really ran or walked at sunset so another person being there made Amira want to turn back until-- If fate were real, Amira only believed it then. There stood a girl who shared her same lips and eyes and oh my God! They looked like clones. Tears ran down her cheeks as she too looked up and saw Amira. "What?" There was no answer that could fill in the blanks. The girl looked at Amira as if all the pieces in the puzzle were standing before her. She looked if not just a bit pleased to see Amira. "I asked for a sign and this...this must be it." Amira looked at her confused. Death still hanging behind her thoughts."If I leave my mother will be hurt but..I..I..can't continue on so please listen to me." The girl sniffled and caught her breathe once more."You don't know me and neither do I know you but I am sure life has also been cruel to you so make it better and take the life I never got to have." The girl got on the railing and said a silent prayer before she looked back up at Amira. "Please don't do this. What are you even rambling about?" The girl only blinked and said, "My name is Dalina Santamon, my diary is in that bag. Please..pl..please don't leave her like I did." With that Dalina let go and plummeted in to the sea with a splash that shook Amira out of her thoughts. Amira closed her eyes tight, very very tight and cursed herself. 

"This is a dream, this is only a dream and when I pinch you Amira you will wake up and none of this would of just happened." As Amira yelped in pain to her own induced pinch, she quickly recovered as she saw the bag. The bag of the girl who called herself Dalina. The bag was the only thing she had as evidence that she hadn't dreamt it. So Amira did what any person would not do and sat down and got the diary out of the bag and began reading.

It could have been hours or days but Amira didn't care and she would not move because she felt it. Every tear stained page every single prayer to the world to let her go, Amira felt it all. She didn't even realize she was crying until her own tears started to stain the pages. Amira skipped to the last page. 

November 3, 2013

Dear Diary,

It has been a while since I last have written but it seems today more than ever my words are needed. Dad's lawyer came by today to read his will. It seems that even dead, he found a way to hurt me. He left it ALL to me. Every estate, every house, every car but most importantly the entire company. This would anyone's dream were it not for the fact that after seventeen years that he could have been a father, he prefered despising me and keeping me secret because I was a bastard. After years of making me see as he abused mom and locking me up if I tried to help her, he now acknowledges I am his blood. Were it not for his true son-my half brother Dantel- who has tried his very best to make my life worse and win over dad's respect. Dantel swore to me everyday that the moment he had it all, he would kick me out the house with mom by my side. But now that he has heard father left it all to me, I know it will be worse for us all. His friends, his connections even our family friends all despise me and wish Dantel were heir. I don't know how to manage it while keeping eyes on every side to see if  I will be killed by him. I really can't do it anymore. So please if anyone can hear me, I would give anything to dead.

Sincerely,

Dalina

That was her last entry and today, is November 5, 2013. She killed herself only two days after.

copyright © 2020 all rights reserved