What Do I Do?

Chapter 2

It felt as though the world had stopped and for a slight second it seemed the earth screamed for Dalina's death as Amira felt the cold air rush toward her. She didn't realize her eyes were swollen and she had fallen asleep until a man shook her shoulders. Her eyes fought her as she pushed them open and saw the toned man with a cop uniform. "Are you okay? Look you can't stay here and I can not leave you here like this so why don't you follow me, okay?" His voice full of worry carried through her. She just shook her head "no" she wanted to scream. She wanted to curse the world for giving both of them such cursed fates. "Do you have anyone I can call?" he asked her, his hand still on her shoulder. He wanted to have a grip just in case she were to jump. Amira looked at his eyes and a tear slipped as she remembered she had no one. "Do you have cell phone?" His eyes turning to look at the bag by her side. Amira turned to see what he saw and was surprised to see it there for she had forgotten all about it. She searched through it and there like a sign from a God a cell phone shimmered from the light. 

Amira had to make a decision. Would she follow whatever this rope led to? Would she follow the fate that was meant for Dalina to have or would she jump and have not a soul remember her existence? Amira looked at the sullen view once more, remembering the promise she had made to her mother just three years ago at this very bridge. The promise of living a life with no regrets. With that Amira got the phone and dialed the number that seemed somewhat familiar, Aciel

The officer felt pity for the girl. He had gone for many suicide calls in his decade long career but somehow the girl looked different than most. Her eyes were truly empty. Usually others had the look of regret or sorry but she just looked tired. She looked at him for a moment before turning to her bag and pulling out a cell phone. She looked at the view and for a moment he could have sworn the sea glittered brighter than he had ever seen it. She looked back at the phone and dialed a number. 

The phone rang for a minute before a husky voice answered it. The voice sent shivers down Amira's spine. "Hello?" he spoke. Amira held the phone towards the officer  for she did not know this person or what she would say. The officer took the phone and quickly spoke. "Hello this is officer Ian, I was making my routine round checks when I found-" he paused and turned toward her "What is your name?" he asked. For a second she didn't know what to say but then she pat out, "Dalina". "-When I found Dalina by the Lester Bridge and she doesn't seem in the right state of mind so if you or someone can pick her up." The line went silent for a couple seconds before Aciel spoke once more. "I am close by I will pick her up." With that he hung up.

Just a few minutes later a black Camaro stopped right in front of the bridge behind the police car. A young man a little older than Amira, stepped out of the car. His brown caramel hair sparkled and his suit looked to be made just for him. He was tall and lean. He carried himself with authority nonetheless. And Oh Mother Of Christ! Amira blinked twice. He looked really handsome. "Why are you here? At a bridge? Leaving everything to Dantel are we?" he chuckled and smirked. Amira was taken by surprise. She knew she was't Dalina but did they not care that she was here whoever she was. What would he say if he found out Dalina had actually jumped. Amira was angry and her fist curled up. The officer sent a pity glance toward Amira. He looked at her as if he somewhat didn't blame her if she were to jump. He probably would let her too. "Well can I just have your name and relation to Miss Dalina before I leave her in your care?" Officer Ian spoke, breaking the tension. "I am Aciel Dorral, I am a family friend of Miss Dalina Santamon." Amira didn't understand why the officer glanced at both of them in horror and confusion before he said. "Of coarse Mr. Dorral and rest assured word will not reach a soul about this, there is no need to worry." Amira only remembered then that Dalina wasn't broke and scavenging for food like Amira. Dalina was rich. She remembered the last diary entry she left. 

So Amira turned toward Aciel and slowly put two and two together from the few pages she had read. Aciel was Dantel's childhood friend and one whom Dalina wrote about hating because he always took her brothers side. He was a powerful man. He was the Heir to the Dorral name and company. He who also wanted Dantel as heir and who hated Dalina. He whom Dalina once loved.

Amira looked at both of them then turned one last time to the sea. For her mother she thought.For the promise she once made her and for Dalina who she felt the pain. She would give life one last chance. 

She turned back at the man and said, "It seems you have found me weeping for my father's death, If you are so kind as to taking me home that would be great. I have a lot of things to do, you will understand it once, when you are indeed heir." He stiffened. Dalina had never spoke to him that way, never dared. But Amira, she had spoken way more vulgar words even if it was just to the wind. It seems they both shared one thing though, hatred for their father's.