09 | calls

0 9

c a l l s

The next few days have been agonizing. My mind kept on creating questions which answers I wasn't even sure I wanted to know. How ironic this whole situation was. I didn't even want to think of all the things I told Matthias while he was in Blackie's form. Just the mere thought of Blackie being a form of a human-wolf combination made my stomach turn upside down. Let alone think about all the other stuff...

If I could die from embarrassment I should be six feet under by now. Just thinking how I confessed about wanting to see Matthias to Blackie, .. well to him... I must have sounded so desperate.

With a red face out of frustration, I headed towards my class. I've been seeking Matthias for the last couple of days through the halls, hoping that he might show up. I waited for him after work, on the dark road towards my house, in the backyard at night, but he didn't come.

I wanted answers of what had happened that night, of him, of how is that that he happens to turn into a wolf. But it seemed as if the earth had swallowed him. Either that or he was avoiding me on purpose. I didn't know what was worse - the thought of never seeing him again, or having to look into his eyes and not finding in them, what I had hoped to...

"Woah, slow down there tigress! You will hurt someone!"

I've been so lost in my thoughts that I barely saw where I was going. It was only when Norah stopped me that I realized I've been stomping around the corridors like a madwoman. 

"Sorry, lost myself for a moment out there..."

"Are you okay? You seem distressed. Want to skip today?"

And there you have her - Norah always sought a reason to skip classes. She didn't care whether I was upset or something - as long as she could buy more time for shopping, she was up for anything.  

"I'm fine. We are not skipping today. Ms. Delara mentioned something about a pop quiz."

"All the more reason to bail. I didn't study a sh..."

Norah's eyes were about to pop out of her sockets when she heard about the upcoming quiz. Not that I managed to study with everything that has happened lately, but I still wanted to attend. At least I would know what to expect on the next one.

"We are staying!"

I said firmly, tagging her arm so she can follow me into the classroom. Ms. Delara hasn't arrived yet, so we still had some time left to read some last-minute notes. Just when I searched through my bag for pens, an idea that wasn't supposed to be there popped into my head.