Chapter 26

I've never felt so distant from him. He was never this cold towards me, never. He does show affection towards me, but when he does it's rare. The scary thing in our love is that it could slip right from my fingertips.

"Amelia." I heard my name being called. I snapped out of my thoughts to see I was staring out at the town from one of the house windows. I turned around from the view and saw my husband looking at me, not with a warm loving feeling, it was cold and hard like he doesn't love me. "Dinner's ready." he said and walked out of the room leaving me there.

We've returned to Storybrooke a few weeks ago and after the first week, we'll that's when everything went from loving to cold. What's worse is that he also didn't show love to Penelope, his own child. He said he would love her and me no matter what, and here he is showing none of that.

I walked down the stairs and into the dining room, when I entered there Peter was eating his dinner, not even bothering to wait for me. He must have fed Amelia since she's asleep in her playpen here in the dining room. I sat down across from him, with my made plate and started eating. There was a silence between the both of us the only sound that was made was the clanking of our utensils against the plates and after we drank water when it was set down on the table. After a while, I decided to finally speak up, since there was not much of a conversation between the two of us for the past few weeks.

"Why so quiet?" I asked then taking a bite of my steak. I looked up to see him stop eating and not look up at me yet.

"Excuse me?" he asked like he didn't hear what I said. I know that wasn't true but I knew he didn't expect me to be the one to start the conversation.

"I said." I paused putting down my fork on the table then looked up at him. "Why so quiet?" I asked and folded my hands together.

He put his fork down on the table as well then whipped his mouth then set it down as well. Then looked up at me. "I was just eating that's all," he said.

"Yes. You were just eating, but whenever we eat you usually eat without me and we never have a conversation. We've never had a real conversation in a few weeks actually." I pointed out. I took a sip of my water and then set it down on the table. You haven't even shown love to Penelope and me after the first week we've gotten here." I said raising my voice a little. He had a guilty look on his face and he should since I was right. "I love you, Peter, I really do. I have loved you for more years than I look. I gave you a child. I married you. I have stood by your side ever since the beginning before you were considered a villain." After I said that the look on his face was pure anger.

He stood up so he could tower over me. "Me a villain?! Dear don't you forget who you're dealing with. I was the one that helped keep you alive for all of these years. I can also take away the dear life you have."

After he said that I was shocked by what he said. The Peter I knew, the Peter I loved, would never say that. He would protect me and love me with his whole life. This is not the Peter I love.

"Fine. You want to kill me. Then do it." I said standing up. "The Peter Pan I know. He would not kill me. He would not be as cold as you are. He would show me love, not only me but also to his child. He would treasure the fact that he loves me. I know because you are not my husband." I said. He smirked at me from my words.

"Well isn't the little devil a smart one," he said. "That's the same thing your love said. Well, you know before I took him. He knew you would find out. Well I was hoping you would find out a little later than now but since you found out I have no choice on killing you." he said simply.

I hurried and appeared near Penelope grabbed her then appeared in front of Granny's. I ran inside with her and saw that Emma and Henry were sitting in a booth.

"Amelia. Hey. What's wrong?" Emma asked.

"Peter. He got kidnapped. Someone has been imposing as him for a few weeks. You were the only person I could think of to help me. I'm sorry since you're trying to stop the author and Gold." I said. She looked at Henry, he nodded. They stood up.

"Everything will be okay. You, Peter, and Penelope will be back together again," she said looking at me with sympathy.

"I just want my husband back," I said. Henry guided us out of Granny's to where their apartment was. "Thank you," I said to Henry carrying Penelope.

"Anytime. Anything for my family," he said. When we arrived at their apartment and walked in. Snow and Prince Charming were sitting on the dining table and turned around to see me. I saw that Charming sucked in a breath when he saw me and Snow looked unsure of what to do. "Grandma. Grandpa. Pa-Peter got kidnapped a few weeks ago. After we returned from Neverland, Amelia and Penelope need a place to stay."

"Please, I don't know where to go. I am deeply sorry for all of the horrible things that my husband has done to your family in the past. All I know is that the past can't be changed or erased but people can. I promise you he has changed, he is a different person now. Just give him a chance," I told them.

Charming looked at Snow then back at me and he nodded. "We'll help you find Peter," Snow said making me happy.

"Thank you so much," I said. "The both of us," I gestured towards Penelope.

"Anytime. Come you must be hungry," Snow said guiding me to the kitchen.

Peter's POV

"Let me go!" I screamed. I squirmed a little trying to get out of the ropes that have been enchanted to suppress my magic.

"I'll only let you go if you cooperate with us father," he said through gritted teeth.

"I would never cooperate with you. I already have my happy ending, my true love. I have everything you have always wanted. So what are you going to do then? Rewrite everyone's stories? I will never be apart of this. When you do not only will everything be false, and everyone's memories may be false except a few," I said gritting my teeth.

"Fine, old man. You will waste away the rest of your life playing people for their money with a silly card game. Over and over again, while your loving wife and daughter live with another man. It would be ashamed wouldn't it," he said strutting around smirking.

He was right though. I didn't want my true love and daughter to not remember me, but I also didn't want to side with him. I wanted my family to be safe, so that meant not siding with him, ever.

"So what will your choice be then," the author asked holding the quill, "knowing the truth while your family is off to someone else and being a sad old man or being with them and being happy with them," he asked.

"I'd rather see you rot in hell," I said through gritted teeth.

"Very well then," he said smiling. He went back to writing something in the book.

"All you're going to do is rewrite everyone's stories. Everything will be false, everything in people's lives will be switched. You are breaking every magical law that has been set for all of us, " I said as he kept writing then he stopped and looked up at me.

"Not everyone's story will be changed though, some people like you and your true love will be trapped or be somewhere else," the Dark One says.

"Well then. Everything is set. You ready," he said. Rumple nodded. " Alrighty then. The end."

After he said that, there was a flash...