Crimson Drops

(NAME) IS 7

AKO IS 13

_______
----

The area was engulfed in a thick red mist, with ashes drifting through it. Fire was everywhere. There have been explosions not far from where you are right now. You clutched your big sister's waist, afraid and puzzled. "Ma-mama?" Sister tripped. She, too, was afraid. She encircled your neck with her arm, and the two of you started out in search of your parents. There was blood and dead bodies all over the place. You close your eyes, unable to endure the memory of what had happened. There were screams coming from all directions. You had no idea what was going on, but you had a feeling something horrible was happening. Ako, your sister, told you so.

୨ ] {  SISSY'S POV } [ ୧

I didn't want to lose (Name), therefore I kept them near. Not after we'd already lost all of our other friends and family. Tears welled up at the corners of my eyes as I searched for my parents. "Mommy...?" I didn't think they'd hear me seeing as my tone was low, but I wanted to give it a try. Fresh blood smeared over the wall drew my attention. An enforcer gunned down a young man who was asking for mercy. I let out a full breath as my eyes widen.

Next to us, I notice a gloomy alleyway. I dragged my sibling into the alley with me after returning my focus to the enforcers and then (Name). I kneel to their level, as they are leaning against the wall. "(Name)?" I whispered as I grasped their hands in mine.

"Yes..?" She responded with unease, her voice cracking slightly. "I-...I want you to have this." My throat felt parched, my voice was hoarse, and my breathing was uneven. I removed a bracelet from my pocket that had our initials next to each other; I'd gotten it the day before and was excited to present it to my cherished sibling, but I couldn't. I slipped it into her small palm. "If... If- when I'm not here-"

"No! No, you won't..." (Name) They cried, lightly hitting their hands against my shoulders.

"Please, just please listen to me." As I brush their tears away with my thumb, I frown. "Shh, shh, shh. Everything is going to be just fine... I promise I'll always be there for you. Think about that bracelet... Think of it as a piece of me. That way, I'll be available at all times." My voice starts to crack at the end. A lump developed in my throat as tears ran down my cheeks; I couldn't hold it in any longer. As I sobbed, I pressed my brow to theirs and closed my eyes.

While I place it on the sides of their face and rub their cheek with my thumb, (Name) holds my arms. We're both shivering. "I love you... I love and appreciate you." I then put my hand on their head, smoothing their (Hair color) hair.

After a few moments, I move and kiss their forehead. "We need to find Mama and Papa, okay?" I sigh. (Name) bobs her head up and down. I get up from my knees and grasp my younger sibling's hand in mine. I try to see through the heated air by squinting my eyes.

୨ ] {  SECOND POV } [ ୧

"Mommy?" You both inquire as you take a look around. You two keep going off on tangents. "Papa? Is that you, sir? "You cocked your head to the side. "Wha-?" When Ako sees you staring straight ahead, he rotates around and stares in the direction you were looking. It was hard to figure out what it was. "P-papa?" Sister enquired further. The man papa had been standing tall near the bridge.

Ako waited for a moment before moving closer and narrowing her eyes. "Papa..!" You spoke in hushed tones. Your father was barely a few meters away from you. You two get closer after a few minutes. You trip over a rock and nearly fall, whimpering. The man's attention was drawn to the disturbance, and he turned around.

୨♡୧
---------

The man swung back around. As you both winced, Ako's eyes widened and her jaw hung open. It belonged to one of the opposition. Just as the man levelled his gun at you, she yelled your name and dashed to cover you.

He eventually shot Ako in the neck. You flinch when you hear the gunshot. Ako's eyes snapped wide with a start. She found it difficult to take a breath. crimson blood oozes from her mouth as she gurgles as if she's drowning. She feels the dampness on her unclean palm as she places her shaking hand where the bullet entered. She regains sight of her hands, and when she notices the blood, she becomes alarmed. As she tries to breathe, she coughs up more blood onto her crimson-colored hands.

As she attempts to speak but can't, you can see her becoming wobbly. It's all about the blood. Just as the man is preparing to reload his gun, she shoves you back. Her movements are trying to tell you to flee.

As you slowly backed up, your breathing became uneven and heavy, and you clutched your shirt with both hands as you saw your sister die slowly and horribly.

She lunges at the man with the last of her power, causing him to stumble.

"No! NO!" Snot and tears streamed down your face as you yelled. You wailed uncontrollably as you lamented the loss of your older sister.

The man yanks Ako away from him, picks up his gun from the floor, and rises up. poised to launch a barrage of bullets at you. Ako's vision had begun to blur. She looked at you, wanting to help her little sister because, after all, that's what big sisters are for, right? She was powerless and remorseful. She closed her eyes, not wanting this to be her final moments.

Just as he was about to fire a shot, he is knocked out from behind. You were grieving on your knees, arms folded over your head, mourning the death of your sister. You absolutely loved her, only for her to be shot dead by some foolish trigger-happy jerk.

"Mommy! Mommy!" you plead. You sob, holding your hair, hiccupping in the middle of your sentences. You raise your head and crawl towards your sister's body, uncaring for everything else but your sister. "Please, Mom-mommy...!" You shook her from entire body. "SISter! Sister, sister, sister" You take her hands in yours. And remove her (haircolor) hair away from her face.

As your tears cascaded down like a river, you placed her lifeless hand on your head. You spot a man holding two young girls when you look up. One with pink hair while the younger one was blue. The blue girl buried her head into the man's chest while the other stared with a frown, then looked away. "Please... don't hurt me..." you pleaded, clutching your sister's hand tighter in anticipation of what was to follow. "I'm not planning to," he says, shaking his head, and looking at you both with sorrow. Your tears clung to her shirt as you returned your gaze to your sister and hugged her.

"why don't you come with me?" After you'd calmed down a little, he suggested. In search of solace, you grab Maxine's shirt. You didn't want to leave her, you didn't want to leave her. But you realized you didn't have much of a choice. You used her thumb to wipe your tears away, just like she used to do to you. You then stood up and took hold of the bracelet she had given you. With a nod, you accepted his offer. You were exhausted, you were really exhausted. He crouched and signaled you to climb on by turning his back on you.

Slowly approaching him, you wrap your arms around his neck, taking care not to be too tight. You instantly wrap your legs around his waist when he rises up. He started heading in the direction of who knows where. You didn't mind; all you cared about was not having to see your sister's devastated state any longer.

---------
_

|\} 1376 words {/|