Chapter 21 - Apologize

-

"Tu abuelo está aquí." (Your grandfather is here.)

My eyes widened because of what she said, "You're kidding me?"

She sighed, "I wouldn't joke about it, hon." I swallowed, "And I'm here to fetch you, susunduin natin siya sa airport ngayon."

And once again I was shocked, "And you're just telling me that now?" I hold back my tone from raising.

"Well yeah, I was worried about your face and forgot about why I'm here in the first place." She said halting.

I turned my head at Miss Serrano's place, "Would they let me go?"

I heard her chuckled then whispered to my ear, "What's the point of being the owner of this school if you'll let them stop you?"

I rolled my eyes, "I don't owned it, Margo."

She smirked, "Yet."

I groaned, "You...argh whatever."

It's true that this university was under my name, but I'm not the one who manages it, unless after I graduate or whenever I'm ready, but still, I'm not taking that as an advantage to escape this mess, but then again, I have to go. Abuelo was never a fan of being late. Holy bloody hell, what to do?

I sighed as I walked to Miss Serrano and conpany, their attention was on me, waiting, "I...um..Miss Serrano, I'm sorry for the commotion, but I have to go. I can't attend my class, and I really have to go. I promise, I'll deal with it later, just not...now." I said convincing her.

I don't know why I looked at Anno, but to my surprise, she's already staring at me and there's something in her eyes that's telling me the hell I don't know. I saw her heaved a sigh before averting her gaze.

I stayed silent, realizing Anno was probably still mad at me because of what happened yesterday. But I can't deny that she looks so adorable again now while frowning madly, kailan ko kaya siya makikitang nakangiti or marunong ba siyang ngumiti manlang. She looks so soft yet so cold. I can't read her even if I wanted to. I honestly felt so annoyed with it, mostly because I never expected her to be like this and knowing we were in the same school since first grade was something I hadn't seen before. I actually didn't notice her before, all through those innocent years. Imagine we once shared the same room but never had a chance to talk, maybe a glance, but it wasn't like a long glance. Just a glanced out at many students I didn't know.

Miss Serrano spokes, "You're not allowed to go now, Ms. Perez. It's already 7:50."

I know that's why I'm asking for permission, Miss Professor. I wanted to say that but it's kinda rude so forget it.

"I'll talk to the Dean po." I insist.

Nangunot ang noo nilang tatlo at napansin kong wala na ang gagong sumapak sakin. Pero mabuti narin 'yon para makatakas ako. Nagsusukatan pa kami ng tingin hanggang sa bumuntong hininga si Kaye.

"I'll just inform him, you can go now." I smiled formally, "But make sure to attend your afternoon class. You'll be needed at Dean's office after."

I nodded as I bid my goodbye, "I will po. Maam, Sir una na po ako." Naramdaman ko ang kamay ni Margo sa likod ko kaya napaigta pa akong bahagya, wala talagang pinipiling lugar at oras ang babaeng 'to. Tumingin ako kay Anno pero nakatingin siya sa likod ko. Medyo nasa gilid ko kasi siya kaya malamang ay nakikita niya ang kamay ni Margo.

Hinintay ko siyang magangat ng tingin sakin bago magsalitan. And she lift her eyes up on me so I gave her sly smile na ikinataas ng kilay niya.

"Anno, 'wag mo 'ko masyadong mamiss ah." I whispered to her but I know na narinig ng kasama namin 'yon.