chapter one

chapter one
━━ being evil

     There was one thing Eloise hated more than anything in the world

     There was one thing Eloise hated more than anything in the world. . . being evil. Eloise hated the way her heart shattered into tiny pieces of broken glass when she notices how civilians of the Isle of the Lost reacted when someone takes cruel actions against them. Being a child of Mother Gothel, it was practically frowned upon to feel this way — Eloise couldn't help her emotions, however.

     She denied changing anything about her appearance to make herself look more 'evil.' Despite the thousands of begs from Mal and Evie to change her hair to a pop of colors such as a light purple or teal, Eloise didn't feel part of the VK's, but they still welcomed her with open arms and acceptance of her differences as long as she didn't display it in front of their parents.

     Her heels patted against the concrete floor as she glanced over at Mal, watching with admiration as she spray-painted a random, metal wall, "They say I'm trouble. They say I'm bad. They say I'm evil. And that makes me glad." Eloise heard the girl sing before she rushingly caught the paint Mal through towards her.

     "Rotten to the core!" Eloise stood in the center of the streets, watching from the front after they all had done their sing-song and dancing. She wasn't really one for singing, dancing, or any type of physical activity — she'd rather be at home, curled into a ball whilst her eyes skimmed over interesting books or painting a delicate drawing.

     "Must you always do that?" Eloise asked Mal, watching as she took a lollipop straight from an innocent baby's hand. "And that."

     Eloise hissed as she felt Carlos nudge into her hip, "People are watching." Eloise gasped slightly before letting out a cackle, feeling the evilness of the people surrounding her made her uncomfortable. However, she soon settled once Jay and Carlos stood beside her with comforting smiles on their faces and the civilians started to scatter and spread.

     Mal cleared her throat, turning around to find the Knucklehead guard to be protected the one and only, Maleficent. "Hi, mom," Mal greeted the woman clad in black leather. Maleficent revealed herself, "Stealing candy, Mal? I'm so disappointed."

     "It was from a baby?" Mal offered the small gesture of handing over the lollipop as if stealing candy from a baby was any better than from an adult, but on the contrary, it was eviler. "That's my nasty little girl!" Maleficent exclaimed as she snatched the candy and began to disgustingly rub it on her body, "Give it back to the dreadful creature." She ordered one of the Knuckleheads as she handed the lollipop.

     "Mom!" Mal exclaimed.

     "It's the deeds, Mal, that make the difference between mean and truly evil. When I was your age, I was cursing entire kingdoms—" Eloise scoffed at the statement as Mal began to walk with Maleficent, she turned sideways to face Carlos before rubbing his white hair.

     Carlos groaned as he caught her arm, "Stop, El, I just got it fixed!" Eloise chuckled slightly before pulling her hand away and glancing at the expression on his face. "Aw. . . Did I make Carlos angry?" She asked before hearing a soft chuckle coming from Jay, she treated Carlos like he was her little brother. He was gentle and somewhat pure.

     "Oh, there's news, I buried the lead. You five have been chosen to go to a different school, in Auradon," Maleficent announced as Carlos, Jay, and Evie tried to run away. Mal and Eloise watched as they struggled in the Knucklehead's strong arms whilst their legs kicked freely around.

     "What?" Mal asked. Eloise smiled at the statement — was this an escape?

     "I'm not going to some boarding school filled to the brim with prissy, pink princesses!" Mal replied before Eloise sighed. "I, on the other hand, have no problems with this. Oh, imagine how—" Eloise glanced at the faces in front of her before clearing her throat, "—How funny it would be to smash their tiny tiaras to the ground, and watch them sob whilst you did so."

     In the little amount of time to say something, Eloise rambled on. Evie awkwardly smiled before putting her thumbs up in the air towards Eloise.

     "Yeah, and I don't do uniforms unless it's leather. You feel me?" Jay asked, waiting for Carlos to return the high-five. Eloise scoffed slightly before chuckling.

"I read somewhere that they allow dogs in Auradon — Mom said they're rabid pack animals who eat boys who don't behave," Carlos said, drifting away into his mind at the thought of his mom's statements before Jay came up behind him, scaring him with the fake barking. "Yeah, mom, we're not going!" Mal excused them all, Eloise wanting to deny her sentence but she had to play a part.

"Oh, you're thinking small, pumpkin. It's all about world domination. Knuckleheads!" Maleficent shouted as she placed emphasis on the word 'world.' Eloise smiled as Mal turned around, quickly following her mom after the call of her name.