Chapter 2

Two rows of felines were facing each other, pelts bristling, narrowed eyes. A brown tabby tom made the battle cry and the two rows rushed towards each other and began clawing and kicking.

         A small cream tom was battling a gray tabby molly. Being far too under-sized he was immediately shoved into the river, showing no remorse the gray tabby left him there to drown, thinking he could swim. If he had been allowed to train a bit more, and not under the cruel reign of Minnowstar, maybe he would've survived.

         "Stupid fox-dunging flea-brained," Foxface spat, prodding the ground. She was reliving the horrific scene where her first apprentice, Honeypaw was killed in the vicious battle against Thrushclan. Honeypaw, who was only three moons old, with barely any battle-training, was forced to participate. He was then unintentionally killed.

         Foxface's anger at Minnowstar's ignorance had caused her to spit out an outburst of insults at her inconsiderate leader. Minnowstar, of course disregarded Foxface's desperate attempts to stop apprenticing underaged kits.

         The warrior dragged her paws into the leader's den for her last attempt.

         Minnowstar stared at Foxface wearily and rolled her eyes, "What is it?"

         "We can't keep making kits apprentices at only three moons! Do you see how many lives have been lost!? It's not helping, just harming."

         "Well what do you suggest? Wait till they're six moons, and let us all starve and die because we don't have enough cats?" Minnowstar blatantly accused.

         Foxface bristled, "What I suggest is that we stop letting cats die for unneeded causes. We lost half our warriors to a disease our medicine cats could have prevented. We lost almost all of our apprentices because they were too young!"

         Minnowstar flicked her tail dismissively, "We lost them, because they were too weak. I have no room for weak cats in this clan."

         "How can you be so cold-hearted and nasty!"

         "Watch where that's coming from," the leader sneered.

         Blinded by rage, Foxface didn't back down, "I don't care who you are! HOW COULD YOU BE SO CRUEL!"

         "You better watch that tongue," Minnowstar was getting to her paws.

         "And I hope you get mauled by a bunch of raccoons!"

         Minnowstar threateningly began inching forward, lashing her tail, "I have had ENOUGH! I will not be spoken to with such disrespect from my clanmates!"

         "I wish I wasn't your clanmate," the ginger molly muttered under her breath.

         The leader grinned, "Perfect, your wish can be fulfilled. I banish you from Shadeclan."

         "What!?" Foxface yowled, "You-you can't do this to me!"

         "I'm the leader if you've forgotten. I can do whatever I want."

         "Fine!" flattening her ears to her head, Foxface stalked out of the den, and out of camp. Every-cat's eyes were on her, but she ignored them.

         She sprinted into the thin forest, dashing between the aspen trees and all the way to the river. She navigated her way to the crossing point where the river was narrow and there was a large stone placed in between. She readied herself and bravely leaped forward onto the slippery stone. Not even thinking, or bracing herself, Foxface attempted to jump onto the solid land. Her paw slipped on the rock and she stumbled forward, landing face first into the river.