Introduction

Wow. I'm writing this right now, having just published my 21st chapter, over 30,000 words of a story I've been working on for nearly three years now written. This is the first novel that I have committed to - the most I've written for a book outside of this is nearly 10,000 words. I've deep cleaned this story, gutted out characters, rewritten plots, and this is what I've come up with.

The idea for this story first came to me at a soccer field, of all places. I was watching my little brother play soccer, and I was really bored, so I thought to myself, hey, let's write a snippet of a story. So I wrote the very beginning of Prologue pt. 1, starting with one word:

"Crimson."

Like blood. I thought about the word for a bit, and then the tiniest slice of a complex storyline wormed its way into my head. I typed it out on my old and tiny little iphone, before Airpods, so I had earbuds plugged in and was listening to who knows what, but I was writing. And after that the story continued to develop.

In case it wasn't already known, this story has faced many hardships. For example, the current problem I'm dealing with is continuing it. I started writing everything you're reading right now (aside from the first little snippet) in May 2020 - you'd think I'd be farther along by now. But storytelling, at least for me, takes lots and lots of time. Sometimes tons of thinking goes into one sentence. Other times it just flows out. But what you're about to read is the product of my growth both as a writer and as a person, and the blood, sweat, tears, and joys that come with it.

I hope you enjoy the story.