Chapter 14

JOHN

"I'm going to perish a thousand deaths because of my horrid, horrid sins."

George was rolled up in his blanket like a crepe and was still moaning and groaning about how he had kissed another girl when he was going to date Dash. The story, as far as I could tell, was that Dash had been talking with a friend of Astrid's, (who's name we still didn't know) and now they were going out to dinner.

Stu had filled us that evening after the incident and had been very disappointed in George. Like a father, Stu had scolded George with his hands on his hips, explaining that George "Really shouldn't be drinking as much as you do." Even though Stu himself drinks just as much.

George moaned and pulled a pillow over his face, holding his breath.

I yanked it off of him and declared, "Geo, ye can't jus suffocate herself because ye kissed another girl. She'll get over it." They always do.

He looked up at me, tears in his eyes.

"She won't. She really really won't. And...and I love that. I love that she wouldn' let me get away with summat like tha."

My brows lifted, brushing the hair that I was letting grow out a bit.

"Really?" I sat down next to the weeping little man, setting my hand on his leg. "Ye think yer in love with her?"

His eyes grew and he ducked back into the pillow, holding his breath again. I pulled it away and calmly asked, "Is tha why ye been moonin and cryin like a baby on Sunday mornin?"

George glared at me.

"I hate myself and I want to die."

"George, shut up, I'm trying to ask ye a question."

He sighed, face planting the bed.

"Yes John. That's why I've been...'moonin'." He tilted his face so I could just see one eye. "I think I'm in love with her."

"You're in love with who?!"

Paul had just walked in and he practically collapsed onto the bed and into my lap. No clue why he thought he had to sit on top of me, the ruddy toad.

George groaned.

"So I guess I can't have one secret? Not even the one?"

Paul shook his head, eagerly waiting for George to tell him what was going on. George caught him up and Paul gasped like a woman hearing the latest gossip from her friends.

"LOVE?" I shoved his fat arse off, attempting to get away before he went crazy. He grabbed my arm, pulling me (with some mysterious strength) back to the bed, practically throwing me on top of poor George. He jumped on both of us, declaring "GEORGIE BOY IS IN LOVE!"

~*~

DASH

My date with Klaus had been, honestly, fantastic. Which I had not at all been expecting.

Klaus had taken me to the Carnival that was in town. We had ridden on very dangerous rides and Klaus had grasped my hand as we rode the Carousel.

"Makes me puke," he explained.

After the circus, which had been my favorite part, we had eaten lots of food, and Klaus had even taken me stargazing afterwards.

"I used to dream of running away with the circus," he gazed up at the brightly colored stars, eyes glistening with the ghosts of his past. "Mama told me that I was too smart to be an acrobat or a clown, that those jobs are only for people who fail and resort to entertainment." He had looked over at me, smiling. "I never stopped wanting to become a ringmaster of my own circus. And I suppose I am, in a different way. My life is my circus, and I am the ringmaster."

It had been very profound. My beliefs differed from his, I find solace in the Christian beliefs, where he finds it in the Universe. But the amount of respect I have for his uncanny passion for the world and the arts and his faith make me forget George for just a moment and make me revel in Klaus.

But only a moment. The evening with Klaus had been absolutely perfect, and I should have fallen head over heels for him.

But, alas, my heart has already  given itself to George Harrison. And I absolutely hate it.

He's a slimy, no good, rats arse little weasel who kisses other girls when he should have been in love with me.

And I know I shouldn't, but I know that if he asked, I would forgive him. I would take him into my arms and kiss him and love him and marry him and have his 7 babies.

But I know I shouldn't. So I won't. Until George is on his knees, sobbing and begging for forgiveness, my heart, as stubborn as it may be, will be in Klaus' capable hands.

~*~

"Your eyes are like lavender," Klaus whispered in my ear. He brushed his lips along my throat, causing a shiver to roll down my body.

"Your lips are like fresh, pink roses, still sprinkled with dew."

He kissed my shoulder blade, leaving a wet mark on my skin. I felt his hand on my back, pulling me tighter.

"Your hair is like the down of a black swan," a gentle nip on my shoulder. "So soft and sweet smelling."

I closed my eyes, and the next voice I heard was a younger, Liverpudlian accented drawl. My eyes opened to see George in place of Klaus, a soft smile on his face.

"I think you have stars in your eyes, Dash." He kissed my forehead gently.

"And I see the galaxy on your skin." He drew his long, calloused fingers down my arm where all of my freckles were. He took my hand, gazing into my eyes.

"And your lips?" He moved closer. "Are as lovely as a—" I heard a plinking from somewhere by George's ear. I thought nothing of it, asking him to continue.

"Your lips are as lovely as Dash."

My nose wrinkled and I frowned.

"Ye what?"

He smiled, lips parting softly to shout "DASH!"

I jolted, awake.

George had interrupted yet ANOTHER dream of Klaus, the bugger. I closed my eyes, hoping it had just been my imagination, when a pebble hit me on the face.

The plinking had been from pebbles hitting my floor. I saw as one came flying through the window, a man's voice shouting "DASH, wake up!"

I jumped out of bed and immediately fell backwards, my feet not yet awake. I stumbled over to the window, seeing a barely clothed John Lennon down below.

He sighed very bodily. "Thank GOD that was you."

"What do ye wan, ye loon!"

He frowned. "Yer recipe for raspberry cordial. Left mine at home."

I slammed the window shut, walking back over to my bed.

The plinking started again, and I became irritated. When the rocks at my window didn't cease, I opened it to see the little weasel on the street below.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT AT THIS GODFORSAKEN HOUR?"

I whisper yelled at him.

"It's George!"

I froze, gripping the window sill.

"What?"

"He's been kicked out of the country!"

A/N: I now want to visit a carnival and eat candied apples 😩 also, isabellet06 this one goes out to you :)